Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
This guacamole is an example of how the Mexican cuisine is an art, where the imagination plays a very important role . In this case imagine the softness of the guacamole to which you want to add delicacy... and this can be achieved with olive oil.
Just like that salads acquire softness and an aromatic touch with the olive oil. That tradition is reflected in this guacamole that also maintains the small chunks of fresh ingredients that are used in the preparation of almost any guacamole.
The guacamole with olive oil can be used in sandwiches or tortas. It is also excellent to put to tacos or tostadas. Another option is to use it in its simplest form, accompanying snacks.
About the Recipe
- The preparation of this recipe is very simple.
- Preferably make the recipe with extra virgin olive oil so your guacamole has a deeper flavor.
- 10 minutes are enough to make the guacamole.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
- Dice 1/4 of an onion and 1/2 tomato; then reserve.
- Remove the veins and the seeds of 1 serrano pepper.
- Finely chop the serrano pepper with the one you worked and 2 coriander sprigs; then set aside.
Mix the Avocado
- Scoop out the pulp of 2 avocados and put it in a bowl; reserve 1 avocado pit.
- Mash with a fork the avocados’ pulp that was put in the bowl, until having the consistency of a puree.
- Add in the bowl:
- 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- The juice of 1 Lime.
|The lime juice is very important because it is used for the avocado not to oxidize.|
- Mix very well the bowl ingredients, until they are integrated.
Mix the Guacamole
- Also add in the bowl:
- The Onion dices that were cut.
- The Tomato dices that were cut.
- The Chili that was minced.
- The Coriander that was minced.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the bowl ingredients with a mixing spatula.
- Insert in the guacamole with olive oil the avocado pit that was reserved.
|The avocado pit serves to preserve the guacamole for a longer time.|
A Delicate Guacamole!
Variation: The guacamole can also be prepared in the version of a salsa.
Did you like the Guacamole?
❤ Puebla Style Rice
❤ Fried Plantains
❤ Shrimps to the Vinaigrette
❤ Melted Cheese