Salad in a Glass
It is possible that this salad is not familiar for those living outside of Mexico although they have tasted many famous Mexican dishes. Well, this is the typical salad that is sold at the stalls in Mexico .
This salad is very fresh, very tasty and also very simple; since it only consists of dressing diverse fruits or vegetables with salt, lime and chili powder.
Another peculiarity of this salad is that it is sold in plastic glass covered with a plastic bag – to prevent the fruits or the vegetables from falling. This salad is excellent for enjoying as a nutritious snack or to eat in between meals as a very healthy snack.
About the Recipe
- To make this salad you only have to cut and dress ingredients, a very easy task to perform.
- To prepare the salad you will have to choose among a wide variety of fruits or vegetables, that are listed in the “Ingredients" section.
- There can also be made combinations of fruits or vegetables. The only rule to follow is that the fruits are combined with fruits and the vegetables with vegetables.
- We recommend the brand Tajin chili powder to season the salad, it is the best.
- The salad will be ready in less than .
- Recipe for 1 glass.
- 1/2 Jicama (10.5 oz) or 3 Mangos (22.9 oz) or 1/3 of a Cantaloupe (24.6 oz) or 1/2 Papaya (26.4 oz) or 1/4 of a Watermelon (28.2 oz) or 1 Cucumber (12.3 oz) or 3 Carrots (10.5 oz)
- 1 Lime (1 oz)
- Chili Powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
|If you chose the 1/2 jicama, the cucumber or the 3 carrots; peel them and cut them into lengthwise strips. Upon completion put them in a plastic glass.|
|If you chose the 3 mangos, the 1/3 of a cantaloupe or the 1/4 of a watermelon; remove the skin and dice them. Upon completion put them in a plastic glass.|
Dress the Salad
- Add in the plastic glass:
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- Chili Powder to taste.
- 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Cover the plastic glass with a plastic bag.
- Shake the salad in a glass.
What a Way of
Suggestion: Accompany your salad with a fresh cantaloupe water.
Did you like the Salad in a Glass?
⋑ A salad won’t be enough, also prepare a Mexican antojito.
⋑ A warm soup can also be an excellent option.
⋑ And for main course a vegetarian dish.