“an open salad"
The mixed salad is an international recipe, that has been adapted all over the world and of course that in Mexico too. This salad is served at hotels, restaurants, stalls, etc. But where you will see it the most is in fondas, it really is a typical salad of fondas.
The funny thing of the mixed salad is that it doesn’t have a fixed or established recipe . In Mexico everyone makes its own version of the mixed salad. The only rule that must be met, is to mix vegetables.
As this recipe is typical of fondas, we are going to give you the recipe that is commonly prepared at fondas . This recipe is not very elaborated but it is a good way of starting your meal because it is fresh and light.
This salad is normally served as entree but it is also an excellent garnish, that can go with almost any beef , chicken or fish main course.
About the Recipe
- To make the mixed salad first you have to cut ingredients, then the vinaigrette is made and at the end everything is mixed. We are sure that you won’t have any problem.
- Although in the recipe a vinaigrette is given as dressing, you can dress it with any other dressing if you want.
- The salad is prepared with onion and white or red onion can be used.
- The recipe will be ready in .
- This preparation is for 4 persons.
- Cut 2 tomatoes into half moons, transfer them to a bowl and reserve.
- Slice 1 cucumber, put them in the bowl and reserve.
- Cut into strips 1/2 onion and 2 avocados; upon completion pass them to the bowl and reserve.
- Cut 1/4 of a lettuce into small chunks, put them in the bowl and reserve.
Prepare the Vinaigrette
- Put in another bowl:
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 2 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
|It is very important to use the lime because besides giving a good flavor it helps to preserve the avocado for a longer time.|
- Beat the bowl ingredients with a balloon whisk or with a fork, until they are well integrated.
- Pour the vinaigrette that was beaten in the bowl over the other bowl, where the mixed salad is.
- Mix very well the mixed salad with a mixing spatula.
Simple and Tasty
Tip: Remember that this recipe is not fixed and more ingredients can be added , if you want like: golden corn , bell pepper, asparagus, celery, olives, boiled egg, ham, etc.
Did you like the Mixed Salad?
A Salad is Good but Not Enough...
ᐅ Would you like to eat some Appetizer.
ᐅ Or do you prefer a Soup before the Main Course.
ᐅ Now the Main Course: Beef, Chicken or Fish.