Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Black Bean Salsa
The Mexican cuisine
is highly renown for its wide use of the corn and the beans. Now we are going to have the great opportunity of mixing these 2 basic ingredients of the Mexican cuisine in a salsa.
This salsa is a very original recipe because it resembles the pico de gallo.
This means that all its ingredients are cut into small chunks. It is a salsa that you cannot miss because by uniting 2 of the most used ingredients in the Mexican cuisine a spectacular flavor is obtained
. The salsa is also complemented with other ingredients that help to increase the flavors and as final touch it is seasoned to give it a very special touch.
Undoubtedly it is an excellent
salsa to accompany snacks, it could also be used to put to some molletes or it can even be served as garnish of a main dish. The options are vast and in whatever you decide to use it you will get a good result.
About the Recipe
- In this recipe you are only going to cut and mix – we are sure that you can prepare it.
- The black beans that are used in the recipe have to be cooked and they must not have broth. They can be bought canned or you can prepare the pot beans recipe.
- In the preparation bell pepper is used and we recommend using the yellow, orange or red; so the salsa has certain sweetness.
- To make the salsa less than 10 minutes are required.
- The recipe yields 4 portions.
1 cup of canned Golden Corn Kernels (7.8 oz)
1 cup of cooked Black Beans without Broth (8.8 oz)
1/2 Bell Pepper (2.6 oz)
1/4 of a Red Onion (1.2 oz)
1 Coriander sprig (.4 oz)
2 teaspoons of Sugar
4 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
1 Balloon Whisk or Fork
1 Mixing Spatula
- Finely chop 1/4 of a red onion and 1 coriander sprig. Upon completion put them in a bowl and reserve.
- Remove the veins and seeds of 1/2 bell pepper.
- Dice the bell pepper with the one you worked and then put it in the bowl; then set aside.
- Put in another bowl:
- 2 teaspoons of Sugar.
- 4 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Beat the bowl ingredients with a balloon whisk or with a fork, until they are well integrated.
- Pour the vinaigrette that was beaten in the bowl over the other bowl, where the ingredients that were cut are.
- Also add in the bowl, along with the other ingredients:
- 1 cup of canned Golden Corn Kernels.
- 1 cup of cooked Black Beans without Broth.
||The beans are used without broth so the salsa has the adequate consistency.
- Mix very well the corn and black bean salsa with a mixing spatula.
– Amazing and Delicious –
This salsa can be refrigerated
for up to 3 days.
If you still have black beans you can prepare the black bean dip.
Did you like the Corn Salsa?
♕ Red Rice
♕ Potatoes with Peppers
♕ Crab Tostada
♕ Potato Quesadilla
♕ Fried Plantains