Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
The Mexican cuisine adopted the pickled technique and has used it in one of its more representative ingredients – the chilies. The most popular version of this recipe are the pickled jalapeno peppers however by making some adjustments it can also be used in other chilies like the manzano pepper.
The manzano pepper has a fruity flavor and is very spicy but when you try the pickle you will only feel a slight hotness because many more ingredients are used that help to diversify the hotness. This recipe is very aromatic because many spices are used in the preparation it is also full of flavor because it is prepared with many vegetables and the acidic touch of any pickle is also present.
With this pickle your table can be decorated because it is full of color and before the food arrives you can already start enjoying it with bread , tortilla chips or some appetizers. If you also want to use the pickled manzano peppers in a dish... it is a fact that your dish will be filled of flavor.
About the Recipe
- This preparation is a bit laborious but it is not difficult.
- Since you are going to work with manzano peppers and is a very spicy chili... it is a very good idea to wear gloves.
- We give the pickle with some vegetables but if you want to use other vegetables like cauliflower or green beans, of course that you can do it.
- The preparation time is of and then the pickle is left resting for 1 hour.
- With this recipe you will obtain 1 large jar full of pickle.
DirectionsCut Many Ingredients
- Cut 3 spring onions into quarters and reserve.
- Remove the veins and the seeds of 10 manzano peppers.
|If you want a very spicy pickle don’t remove the veins of the chilies.|
- Cut into strips the manzano peppers with the ones you worked, then reserve.
- Peel 2 carrots.
- Cut into slices the carrots that were peeled, then set aside.
Fry some Ingredients and then Cook them
- Heat in a saucepan over medium heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Put in the saucepan:
- The quarters of the Spring Onions that were cut.
- The strips of the Manzano Peppers that were cut.
- The slices of the Carrots that were cut.
- 6 Garlic cloves.
- Mix the saucepan ingredients and fry them for about 3 minutes, until they are moderately fried; stir regularly.
- Add in the saucepan:
- 4 Bay Leaves.
- 2 Cloves.
- 3 Marjoram sprigs.
- 3 Thyme sprigs.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin.
- 5 Black Peppercorns.
- 1 cup of Water (8.4 fl oz).
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix the saucepan ingredients, cover it and leave the ingredients cooking for 10 minutes, so the flavors mix.
Cook the Pickle
- Reduce to low heat and add in the saucepan 1 cup of white vinegar.
- Mix the pickled manzano peppers and cook them for about 10 minutes, until they thicken a little; stir occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, wait for the pickled manzano peppers to cool and transfer them to a large glass jar, with a kitchen spoon. Upon completion close the jar.
- Leave the pickled manzano peppers resting for 1 hour, so the flavors and aromas absorb.
Spicy and Very Savory
Variation: The manzano pepper can also be used to prepare a guacamole.
Did you like the Pickled Chilies?
♘ Steak with Onions
♘ Chicken in Red Pipian
♘ Pork Ribs in Green Salsa
♘ Veracruz Style Fish
♘ Fried Potato Tacos