Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
This is a different and unusual way of preparing the guacamole since the manzano pepper is not used very often in dips. But what the manzano pepper comes to provide to this recipe is lots of hotness. Therefore if you want a spicy guacamole this is the one .
What is very interesting about the manzano pepper guacamole is that yellow bell pepper is also used, which is fleshy and it has a sweet touch. In this way we will play with the flavors because you will be tasting sweet chili chunks and spicy chili chunks. It is a very fun combination!
Like other guacamole versions, the manzano pepper guacamole is a perfect snack for any occasion, accompanied of the classic tortilla chips , of some crackers or as a accompaniment of other dishes like some fried tacos or some breaded shrimps – the combinations are countless...
About the Recipe
- Like almost all the guacamoles the preparation is very easy. In this guacamole you only have to work a little.
- It is very important that to use yellow colored bell pepper in this recipe so it confuses with the manzano pepper and in this way the people won’t know what chili they are tasting.
- Preferably use red onion in the guacamole because its strong flavor can be appreciated. On the other hand the white onion flavor is overshadowed with the manzano pepper.
- If you want to prepare this guacamole in a molcajete... of course that it is possible. Simply substitute the bowl for the molcajete and ready.
- In 10 minutes your guacamole will be ready.
- The recipe is for 2 cups.
DirectionsCut Some Ingredients
- Dice 1/4 red onion and 1 tomato; then set aside.
- Remove the seeds and the veins of 1/2 yellow bell pepper and of 1 manzano pepper.
- Finely chop the yellow bell pepper with the one you worked, the manzano pepper with the one you worked and 1 coriander sprig; then set aside.
Mix the Ingredients
- Scoop out the pulp of 4 avocados and put it in a bowl; reserve 1 avocado pit.
- Mash with a fork the avocados’ pulp that was put in the bowl, until having the consistency of a puree.
- Also add in the bowl:
- The Red Onion dices that were cut.
- The Tomato dices that were cut.
- The Yellow Bell Pepper that was minced.
- The Manzano Pepper that was minced.
- The Coriander that was minced.
- The juice of 1/2 Lime.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the bowl ingredients with a mixing spatula.
- Insert in the manzano pepper guacamole, the avocado pit that was reserved.
|The avocado pit serves to preserve the manzano pepper guacamole for a longer time.|
Suggestion: Since this guacamole is spicy serve it with a Mexican drink.
Variations: The guacamole can also be prepared with corn or with banana peppers.
Did you like the Chili Guacamole?
More Mexican Dishes
↬ Melted Cheese with Mushrooms
↬ Green Chilaquiles
↬ Tuna Salad
↬ Lima Soup
↬ Spicy Cecina