Home >> Appetizers >>
The Delicious Melted Cheese
– with Mushrooms –
In this recipe the melted cheese acquires a new seasoning with the addition of the mushrooms. In this combination the soft flavor of the cheese is complemented with the delicate and wild flavor of the mushrooms – making this dish spectacular.
The melted cheese with mushrooms is perfect to serve it as entree dish , which can be placed on the center of the table so everybody can enjoy its exquisite flavor. If you want to serve it as main course is also possible and it is excellent for vegetarians.
In Mexico is beautiful to see how this dish is served because when it gets to the table the cheese is still bubbling because it is so hot . Moreover the dish is accompanied with flour tortillas to make some kind of tacos or quesadillas. Try it this way you will love it!
About the Recipe
- In this recipe very simple activities will be performed, you won’t have any problem.
- It is very important to use a cheese that melts. We recommend using the Chihuahua cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, Asadero cheese, etc.
- If the cheese is bought grated you will save a step.
- Make the cheese look 100% Mexican by serving it in a small clay cazuela.
- The cheese will be ready in .
- Yields 6 tacos.
DirectionsFry the Mushrooms
- Clean 4.4 oz of mushrooms.
- Cut into strips the mushrooms that were cleaned, then reserve.
- Heat in a frying pan over medium heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Put in the frying pan:
- The strips of the Mushrooms that were cut.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix the frying pan ingredients and fry them for about 3 minutes, until the mushrooms are lightly fried; stir regularly. Then set aside.
Melt the Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 345º F.
- Grate 5.2 oz of cheese that melts and put it in a baking dish.
|The cheese is used grated because it melts faster and the melted cheese acquires a better consistency.|
- Transfer from the frying pan to the baking dish, with a slotted spoon, the mushrooms that were fried.
|Try not to pour the liquid that the mushrooms release over the cheese so your melted cheese has the best consistency.|
- Put in the oven the baking dish and leave the ingredients baking for about 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
When the Cheese is about to be Ready...
- Heat on a griddle over medium heat 6 flour tortillas for about 45 seconds per each side, until they are well heated.
- Transfer from the griddle to a tortilla container the tortillas that were heated and take it to the table.
- Verify that the cheese that was left baking has melted, if not leave it baking for a longer time.
|Sometimes some fat accumulates on the cheese surface, if this happens to you remove it.|
Tip: If you want to give a special touch and slightly spicy to the dish, put some fried guajillo pepper rings over the melted cheese.
Variations: The melted cheese can also be prepared with chorizo , with peppers , natural , etc.
Did you like the Melted Cheese?
❤ The Mexican Soups
❤ The Mexican Bread
❤ Mexican Food with Maize
❤ The Mexican Desserts