Home >> Appetizers >>
The quesadillas are more than a recipe... they are a Mexican classical . Possibly one of the most popular dishes that can be found in the Mexican cuisine.
The word quesadilla is a derivation of the word queso (cheese) and that’s the way they have been called since the XVIII century. The recipe is extremely simply as it only consists of a corn tortilla folded in half with melted cheese in the middle. Although with this recipe you will prove that in simplicity there is also a great flavor .
It’s believed that the quesadillas are just an appetizer but they really are an everything . They can be eaten at breakfast time, lunch, dinner, as a snack and of course as an appetizer also. It always is a good moment to enjoy some quesadillas.
The quesadillas also admit any type of accompaniment like: beans , salsas , dips , rice , beef , etc.
About the Recipe
- This recipe is super easy to make, ideal for beginners that are looking for a great flavor.
- The quesadillas can be prepared with Chihuahua cheese, Oaxaca cheese, Manchego cheese, etc. The point is to use a cheese that melts.
- Do you want your quesadillas to taste exquisite... prepare your own corn tortillas.
- Preparation time .
- Recipe for 6 quesadillas.
- Cut into strips 5.2 oz of cheese that melts, then reserve.
- Heat on a griddle over medium heat 6 maize tortillas for about 20 seconds per each side, until they are soft.
- Put on each tortilla some of the cheese strips that were cut.
- Fold in half all the tortillas that were put on the griddle.
- Heat the quesadillas for approximately 1½ minutes per each side, until the cheese has melted.
|While the quesadillas are heated they can be pressed gently so the cheese melts better.|
Suggestion: In Mexico it has become a tradition to eat quesadillas with salsa , in fact there is no quesadilla that is eaten without salsa . So put your favorite salsa.
Tip: Prepare some quesadillas with blue tortilla and feel the difference.
Variation: Transform your quesadillas in... sincronizadas.
Did you like the Quesadillas?
More Recipes that you will Like
⌖ Cucumber Salad
⌖ Corn Soup
⌖ Grilled Steak