Home >> Appetizers >>
Although actually is difficult to imagine the Mexican food without cheese, the truth is that in the Prehispanic times it was not consumed. The Spaniards where the ones that brought the cows and the goats into the “New World". And of course that the Mexican cuisine rapidly adopted this food and it has a wide variety of typical dishes that require cheese for their preparation.
The melted cheese is a typical recipe of taquerias and from northern Mexico . The recipe is quite simple, it only consists of melted cheese, which is accompanied with tortillas with which a kind of quesadillas can be made and they can be accompanied with a tasty salsa.
We recommend serving the melted cheese as appetizer and it can be put on the center of the table so everybody can enjoy its tasty flavor.
About the Recipe
- To make this recipe only the cheese has to go into the oven and tortillas are heated. A super easy to make recipe.
- Without a doubt the best cheese to make the Mexican melted cheese is the Chihuahua cheese. If you don’t get this cheese you can also use the Adobera cheese or the Monterey Jack cheese.
- In Mexico it is a custom to serve the melted cheese with flour tortillas and you can prepare them with your homemade touch. If you prefer maize tortillas they can also be employed in this recipe.
- If possible present the melted in a small clay cazuela, it will look divine and very Mexican.
- The preparation time is of .
- The recipe is for 6 cheese tacos.
DirectionsMelt the Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 345º F.
- Grate 7 oz of cheese that melts and put it in a baking dish.
|The advantages of using grated cheese is that it melts faster and a better consistency is obtained.|
- Put in the oven the baking dish and leave the cheese that was grated baking for about 10 minutes, until it has melted.
When the Cheese is about to be Ready...
- Heat on a griddle over medium heat 6 flour tortillas for about 45 seconds per each side, until they are well heated.
- Transfer from the griddle to a tortilla container the tortillas that were heated and take it to the table.
- Verify that the cheese that was left baking has melted, if not leave it baking for a longer time.
|Sometimes some fat accumulates on the cheese surface, if this happens to you remove it.|
A Delicious Melted Cheese
Recommendation: Give more flavor and hotness to your melted cheese with one of these salsas: the red salsa , the green salsa with avocado , the chipotle pepper salsa , the pico de gallo salsa , etc.
Variations: Some ingredients can also be put to the melted cheese like: chorizo , mushrooms , peppers , etc.
Did you like the Melted Cheese?
Other Mexican Dishes