Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Chipotle Pepper Salsa
What better way to describe what you are about to taste, than from the Nahuatl. The word chipotle in Nahuatl means “smoky chili" and that’s exactly what you are going to prepare a salsa with smoky flavor.
What is magnificent about this salsa is that it combines the smoky flavor with a sweet hotness , that accompanies in a delicious way any dish. We know that it sounds very weird that combination but it is true, that’s the sensation that this salsa creates and the only way of proving it is by preparing it and tasting it.
So if you want to give a smoky and spicy flavor to your favorite torta, or to some fried tacos or even to some tasty shrimps – this is the ideal salsa.
About the Recipe
- Making the chipotle salsa is easy, only some ingredients have to be roasted so they get a smoky flavor and then all the ingredients are blended.
- The salsa is prepared with chipotle peppers in adobo that can be bought canned or you can prepare them yourself – and they can also be used in many other recipes.
- In this recipe cinnamon is used to give a touch that is spiced, slightly spicy and sour. You will love it, you really have to use it.
- This salsa will be ready in 5 minutes.
- Recipe for 2 cups of salsa.
DirectionsRoast some Ingredients
- Put on a griddle over medium heat:
- 4 Tomatoes.
- 1/4 of an Onion.
- 1 Garlic clove.
- Roast the griddle ingredients for about 3 minutes, until all their sides are moderately roasted; move them regularly with some tongs.
- Transfer from the griddle to a blender, with the tongs, the ingredients that were roasted; then reserve.
Prepare the Salsa
- Finely chop 1 coriander sprig, then set aside.
- Incorporate in the blender, along with the other ingredients:
- 3 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo.
- The juice of 1/2 Lime.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
|The chipotle peppers are used with seeds because they give a very good texture to the salsa.|
- Blend very well the ingredients.
- Pour in a bowl the mixture that was blended and add the coriander that was minced.
- Mix very well the chipotle pepper salsa, with a mixing spatula.
Tasty Smoky Flavor
Variations: The chipotle pepper can also be enjoyed in other recipes like the chipotle and coriander dressing , chipotle yogurt dip , pickled chipotle peppers , etc.
Did you like the Chipotle Salsa?
Other Topics that will Interest You
≜ Mexican Food History
≜ Mexican Salads
≜ Mexican Herbs and Spices
≜ Mexican Soups
≜ The Mexican Cuisine