Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
This is the ideal dip to serve alongside snacks, tortilla chips
, vegetable sticks, antojitos
, etc. Serve it on an afternoon when you are with your friends and we assure you that everyone is going to have a very pleasant time.
In this recipe we believe that the name “chipotle yogurt dip” says it all. It is a dip of creamy consistency coming from the yogurt and a smoky flavor coming from the chipotle
– apart from this you will find more tasty notes in this dip.
– The chipotle is a type of chili whose name comes from the Nahuatl “chilpoctli”, that means smoky chili
. The difference that it has with other chilies is that this chili is smoke-dried, instead of being air-dried as other varieties of jalapenos. For this reason, the chipotle pepper besides being a spicy condiment, it offers a smoky flavor.
About the Recipe
- This recipe is super easy to make... only everything has to be blended and presto.
- The chipotle peppers that are used in this recipe are in adobo and they can be bought canned or you can prepare them yourself.
- The yogurt that we are going to use has to be natural and unsweetened.
- We recommend buying Greek yogurt to use in the dip because it will give more consistency, more creaminess, more flavor and a sour touch – you cannot miss it.
- In less than 5 minutes your dip will be ready.
- This recipe is for 12 portions.
8 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo (7 oz)
2 cups of Natural Yogurt (16.9 fl oz)
Pepper to taste
1/4 tablespoon of Salt
- Put in a blender:
- 8 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo.
- 2 cups of Natural Yogurt.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
Smoky and Creamy
You already have the dip now prepare the dressing.
Did you like the Chipotle Dip?
Prepare More Mexican Salsas
❦ Chili Macho Salsa
❦ Pickled Ancho Peppers
❦ Steak Recado