Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
This is the ideal dip to serve alongside snacks, tortilla chips , vegetable sticks, antojitos , etc. Serve it on an afternoon when you are with your friends and we assure you that everyone is going to have a very pleasant time.
In this recipe we believe that the name “chipotle yogurt dip" says it all. It is a dip of creamy consistency coming from the yogurt and a smoky flavor coming from the chipotle – apart from this you will find more tasty notes in this dip.
– The chipotle is a type of chili whose name comes from the Nahuatl “chilpoctli", that means smoky chili . The difference that it has with other chilies is that this chili is smoke-dried, instead of being air-dried as other varieties of jalapenos. For this reason, the chipotle pepper besides being a spicy condiment, it offers a smoky flavor.
About the Recipe
This recipe is super easy to make... only everything has to be blended and presto.
The chipotle peppers that are used in this recipe are in adobo and they can be bought canned or you can prepare them yourself.
- The yogurt that we are going to use has to be natural and unsweetened.
- We recommend buying Greek yogurt to use in the dip because it will give more consistency, more creaminess, more flavor and a sour touch – you cannot miss it.
In less than 5 minutes your dip will be ready.
This recipe is for 12 portions.
Ingredients 8 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo (7 oz)2 cups of Natural Yogurt (16.9 fl oz)Pepper to taste1/4 tablespoon of Salt
Cookware 1 Blender
- Put in a blender:
- 8 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo.
- 2 cups of Natural Yogurt.
Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
Blend very well the ingredients.
Smoky and Creamy
Variation: You already have the dip now prepare the dressing.
Did you like the Chipotle Dip?
Prepare More Mexican Salsas
❦ Chili Macho Salsa
❦ Pickled Ancho Peppers
❦ Steak Recado