Home >> Appetizers >>
very good antojito
The Mexican tostadas are a combination of many ingredients that are delicious, fresh and very practical because in a very short time a meal can be solved. These tostadas can be seen as food mountains and when you finish preparing them we are sure that you will agree with us.
These food mountains also have as base a hard and crispy tortilla , to which refried beans are smeared. Then over the refried beans chicken, Mexican cream, avocado, lettuce and more ingredients are put; that give a fresh, elaborated and very tasty flavor.
In Mexico the tostadas are normally served as appetizer although this is a big and filling appetizer. Therefore make sure that the main course will be light because it is possible that you won’t be able to eat so much food.
About the Recipe
- In this recipe the chicken will be cooked, then ingredients are going to be chopped and at the end the tostadas will be made. Definitely a recipe that doesn’t require much experience in the kitchen.
- Prepare the refried beans with us that are used on the tostadas and don’t buy them canned.
- Did you know that those crispy tortillas called tostadas can also be made by you.
- Preparation time .
- This recipe is for 8 tostadas.
DirectionsCook the Chicken
- Clean 2 chicken breasts and put them in a saucepan.
- Also add in the saucepan:
- 1/2 Onion.
- 1 Garlic clove.
- The enough Water to cover the chicken breasts.
- 1 tablespoon of Salt.
- Bring the saucepan water to a boil over high heat.
- When it boils cover the saucepan and leave the chicken cooking in the boiling water for about 20 minutes, until it is well cooked.
|Make sure that the chicken is always covered with water because it will consume. If scum accumulates on the surface remove it.|
While the Chicken is Ready... Chop some Ingredients
- Dice 2 tomatoes, then set aside.
- Cut 1/2 lettuce into strips, then reserve.
- Verify that the chicken that was left cooking is well cooked, its color must be white outside and inside; if not cook it for a longer time.
- Take from the saucepan the chicken breasts, with a kitchen spoon and wait until they cool a little.
- Shred the chicken breasts that were cooked and reserve.
|Don’t throw away the broth that was obtained from cooking the chicken because it is very tasty and you can use it to prepare a soup.|
Time to Assemble Tostadas!
- Cut 2 avocados into strips, then reserve.
- Heat in the microwave 1 cup of refried beans for approximately 1 minute, until they are moderately heated.
- Smear over 1 tostada, with a spoon, some of the refried beans that were heated.
- Also put over the tostada, where the beans were put, the following ingredients:
- Some of the Chicken that was shredded.
- 1 tablespoon of Mexican Cream.
- Some of the Lettuce strips that were cut.
- Some dices of the Tomatoes that were cut.
- Some strips of the Avocados that were cut.
- Some of the crumbled Cotija Cheese.
|Preferably put the ingredient in the same order as given so they stick to each other and the tostada doesn’t ruin.|
- Repeat the same procedure with other 7 tostadas.
“Fresh and Delicious"
* Serve the tostadas immediately, otherwise they will soften ☹
Tip: Put the cherry on the cake on these tostadas with a salsa.
Variations: The tostadas can also be prepared with other ingredients like chorizo or crab.
Did you like the Tostadas?
Keep Cooking Mexican Food