Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Few dishes have crossed frontiers in the way that the guacamole has made it. Also the variations and the ways to prepare it have extended. The corn guacamole is one of those variations and it results exquisite due to the combination of ingredients and flavors .
The corn guacamole is prepared with golden corn kernels, which give an element of surprise for its crispy consistency and its sweet flavor. Although there are more unexpected ingredients that give to this guacamole a very Mexican flavor.
This guacamole is a perfect dip to accompany with tortillas chips , tostadas , chips, quesadillas , sincronizadas , nachos or with your favorite snack.
About the Recipe
- The corn guacamole preparation is very simple... you only have to roast, chop and mix ingredients – that’s it.
- Prepare the guacamole in a molcajete. It is very easy, instead of using a bowl use a molcajete and work with the ingredients there.
- This recipe is prepared with jalapeno pepper to give a spicy touch. In case of not having 1 serrano pepper could also be used.
- The corn that is used in this guacamole is golden corn, which has to be canned.
- You will only need for this preparation.
- The recipe is for 2 cups of corn guacamole.
DirectionsRoast and Cut Ingredients
- Dice 1/4 of an onion and 1 tomato; then set aside.
- Remove the seeds and the veins of 1/2 jalapeno pepper.
- Finely chop the jalapeno pepper with the one you worked and reserve.
- Put on a griddle over medium heat 2 garlic cloves with skin and roast them for approximately 1 minute, until all their sides are moderately roasted; move them regularly.
|The garlic cloves are roasted with skin so they won’t burn and their flavor doesn’t become bitter.|
- Remove from the griddle the garlic cloves, wait for them to cool a little and peel them.
- Finely chop the garlic cloves that were peeled, then set aside.
Mix All the Ingredients
- Scoop out the pulp of 4 avocados and put it in a bowl; reserve 1 avocado pit.
- Mash with a fork the avocados’ pulp that was put in the bowl, until having the consistency of a puree.
- Add in the bowl:
- The Onion dices that were cut.
- The Tomato dices that were cut.
- The Jalapeno Pepper that was cut.
- The Garlic cloves that were minced.
- 2 tablespoons of canned Golden Corn Kernels.
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried Epazote.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the bowl ingredients with a mixing spatula.
- Insert in the corn guacamole, the avocado pit that was reserved.
|The avocado pit serves to preserve the corn guacamole for a longer time.|
Surprise Your Family
with This Delight
Variation: Now try the avocado in green salsa.
Did you like the Guacamole?
More Mexican Salsas
⟳ Fought Chilies
⟳ Pico de Gallo
⟳ Adobo Cream from Guerrero