and Corn Salad
This salad is a delight because the flavor of our 2 main ingredients, the green bean and the corn, is quite similar. Both have a sweet and fresh flavor. By uniting these 2 ingredients the flavors complement and as part of the preparation they are dressed to enhance its flavor . In a very short time you will have on your table a salad that is light and full of flavor.
The green bean and corn salad is an exceptional garnish, with which almost any main course can be accompanied . Therefore when you have a main course, to which you want to put a garnish and you don’t know which... think about this salad it is highly likely that it will go very well with your food.
About the Recipe
- The green bean and corn salad is very easy to prepare, only the green beans have to be cooked and then all the ingredients are fried.
- We recommend using fresh green beans to make this salad because they have a better texture and flavor. If you don’t find them in this way they can also be used frozen or canned.
- This salad is very versatile because it can be served cold or hot.
- In this salad golden corn is used and it has to be bought canned.
- The preparation time is of .
- This recipe serves 5 portions.
|If you are using canned green beans, simply cut them into small chunks and go to the stage of “Fry All the Ingredients".|
Cook the Green Beans
- Cut the ends of 10.5 oz of green beans.
|If you are using frozen green beans, it is not needed to cut the ends.|
- Cut into small chunks all the green beans with the ones you worked.
- Put in a saucepan:
- The small Green Beans chunks that were cut.
- The enough Water to cover the green beans.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix the saucepan ingredients and bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Leave the green beans cooking in the boiling water for about 10 minutes, until they soften.
- Transfer from the saucepan to a colander the small chunks of green beans that were cooked, drain the water excess and reserve.
Fry All the Ingredients
- Finely chop 1/4 of an onion, then set aside.
- Heat in a frying pan over medium heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Put in the frying pan the onion that was minced and fry it for approximately 1 minute, until it looks a bit transparent; stir regularly.
- Incorporate in the frying pan:
- The small Green Beans chunks that were cooked.
- 1 cup of canned Golden Corn Kernels.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix the frying pan ingredients and fry the green bean and corn salad for about 3 minutes, until all the ingredients are lightly fried; stir regularly.
The Green Beans and Corn
Tip: If you want to put one more point of freshness to the salad – sprinkle over it 1 minced coriander sprig.
Variation: If you want to taste the corn in another type of salad, prepare the zucchini and corn salad.
Did you like the Green Bean Salad?
More Mexican Recipes
✻ Corn Tortilla
✻ Pickled Chiles
✻ Mexican Rice
✻ Cream of Bean Soup
✻ Pork Ribs in Green Sauce