Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Just as the name of this recipe says... in this dip you are going to enjoy a jelly dip. First, the term jelly refers to a similar consistency to that of a mousse (less solid than a jelly).
The beauty of having that consistency in a dip is that is very easy to introduce a cracker, a tortilla chip or any food in the dip and when it is taken out is very difficult to spill it. This dip can also be presented on a serving platter as if it was a jelly and it looks beautiful.
– Regarding the flavor the dip is fresh, it has a lot of flavor, it is slightly spicy and it also has a very special texture . You will be amazed!
The coriander jelly dip can be considered as a tasty snack, perfect for preparing at a gathering with friends while it is accompanied with bread.
About the Recipe
- In this recipe you are going to work a little with an ingredient called gelatin and then all the ingredients are mixed. The recipe is not difficult, you are only going to work a little.
- This dip acquires its consistency with the gelatin, which is a natural protein that is extracted from the collagen. The gelatin that is used in this recipe must be powdered, natural and tasteless.
- The dip is also prepared with cream cheese, which has to be natural.
- The preparation of this dip only takes and then it is refrigerated for approximately 1 hour.
- This recipe is for 10 portions.
DirectionsPrepare the Gelatin
- Pour in a glass:
- 1/2 cup of warm Water (4.2 fl oz).
- 1 envelope of powdered Natural Gelatin.
- Mix very well the glass ingredients with a spoon, until the gelatin has totally dissolved.
|It is very important that there are no lumps in the mixture so the dip has a good consistency and texture.|
- Leave the gelatin resting for about 5 minutes, until it sets.
While the Gelatin is ready...
- Remove the seeds of 1 serrano pepper.
- Put in a blender the serrano pepper with the one you worked, then reserve.
- Separate from 8 coriander sprigs the leaves from the stalks and discard the stalks.
- Put in the blender the coriander leaves that were separated.
- Also add in the blender:
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 1/2 Onion.
- 1 Cream Cheese bar.
- Pepper to taste.
- Salt to taste.
- Blend very well the ingredients, then pour the mixture in a bowl and reserve.
Back to the Gelatin
- Verify that the gelatin that was left resting has set and that it has a gelatinous consistency; if not leave it resting for a longer time.
- Heat in a microwave the glass with gelatin for about 30 seconds, until it ends up totally liquid.
|The gelatin should not boil because it loses its power and neither it should be hydrated because it loses its consistency.|
- Pour in the bowl the gelatin that was heated.
- Mix very well the bowl ingredients with a balloon whisk or with a mixing spatula, until they are well integrated.
- Put in the fridge the bowl and leave the coriander jelly dip curdling for approximately 1 hour, until it has the consistency of a mousse.
A Formidable Dip!
Recommendation: Taste this dip with a crab tostada , you will love it .
Did you like the Jelly Dip?
☣ Chorizo Quesadilla
☣ Red Rice
☣ Fried Plantains
☣ Potatoes with Peppers
☣ Melted Cheese with Mushrooms