Home >> Appetizers >>
- very good combination -
In this recipe the classical Mexican quesadillas are going to be complemented with an ingredient that comes from the Spanish cuisine “the chorizo".
The quesadillas consist of corn tortillas (they can also be made of flour tortillas ) that are folded in half and melted cheese is put in the middle. With the addition of chorizo the quesadillas acquire a point of consistency and a condimented touch – which is delicious and very appetizing.
This quesadillas can be enjoyed at breakfast time or as appetizer to whet the Mexican appetite.
About the Recipe
- To make the chorizo quesadillas some ingredients have to be chopped, then the chorizo is fried and at the end the quesadillas are assembled. You won’t have any complication.
- It is very important to use a cheese that melts to make the quesadillas like the Chihuahua cheese, the Oaxaca cheese or a Manchego cheese, etc.
- Would you like to prepare the corn tortillas of your quesadillas?
- You can also prepare homemade chorizo and use it in this recipe.
- The quesadillas will be ready in .
- The recipe is for 6 quesadillas.
DirectionsChop and Fry
- Cut into strips 5.2 oz of cheese that melts, then reserve.
- Finely chop 3.5 oz of chorizo, then set aside.
- Heat in a frying pan over medium heat 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Incorporate in the frying pan the chorizo that was minced and fry it for about 5 minutes, until it is moderately cooked; stir regularly. Then set aside.
|The chorizo tends to release a lot of fat, if this happens remove the fat.|
Make the Chorizo Quesadillas
- Heat on a griddle over medium heat 6 maize tortillas for about 20 seconds per each side, until they are soft.
- Put on each tortilla:
- Some of the Cheese strips that were cut.
- Some of the Chorizo that was cooked.
- Fold in half all the tortillas that were put on the griddle.
- Heat the chorizo quesadillas for approximately 1½ minutes per each side, until the cheese has melted.
|While the quesadillas are heated they can be pressed gently so the chorizo unites with the cheese and they will heat faster.|
Time to Enjoy!
Suggestion: Taste these quesadillas with the pico de gallo salsa , you will love the freshness of this combination.
Variations: There is a quesadilla for every taste as they can also be prepared with: mushrooms , huitlacoche , squash blossom , potato , etc.
Did you like the Quesadillas?
Cook more Mexican Food