Home >> Appetizers >>
- what a combination -
The quesadillas form an indispensable part of the diet of almost all the Mexicans. It is one of the Mexican recipes that is the most simple and easy to prepare – it only consists of tortillas folded in half with melted cheese.
But one of the quesadillas’ attractiveness is that they can be enriched with distinct and tasty fillings. The filling that we are going to use in this recipe consists of the combination of mushrooms, epazote and onion.
When these ingredients mix with the cheese... the cheese’s soft flavor and the mushrooms’ wild touch are complemented . Although from this combination the onion’s strong notes can also be felt and the epazote’s touch. Oh and we cannot forget the maize’s flavor in the tortillas that gives a precise flavor.
– You can enjoy this recipe at breakfast time or as a tasty appetizer.
About the Recipe
- To make this recipe first you will cut some ingredients, then the filling is prepared and at last the quesadillas are made. You really won’t have any problem.
- To make the quesadillas a cheese that melts has to be used like the Oaxaca cheese, the Chihuahua cheese, the Monterey Jack cheese, etc.
- Preferably use fresh epazote to make the filling, if you don’t get it use 1 teaspoon of dried epazote.
- If you prepare the corn tortillas the quesadillas’ flavor will be very fresh.
- Preparation time .
- This recipe is for 6 quesadillas.
- Clean 5.2 oz of mushrooms.
- Finely chop the mushrooms that were cleaned, 1/4 of an onion and 1 epazote sprig; then set aside.
- Cut into strips 5.2 oz of cheese that melts, then reserve.
Cook the Filling
- Heat in a frying pan over medium heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Put in the frying pan the onion that was minced and fry it for approximately 1 minute, until it looks a bit transparent; stir regularly.
- Incorporate in the frying pan:
- The Mushrooms that were minced.
- The Epazote that was minced.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
|The epazote is used to give a very Mexican touch and flavor to the quesadillas.|
- Mix the frying pan ingredients and fry them for about 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are moderately fried and the water that they release has completely consumed; stir regularly. Then set aside.
Prepare the Quesadillas
- Heat on a griddle over medium heat 6 corn tortillas for about 20 seconds per each side, until they soften.
- Put on each tortilla:
- Some of the Cheese strips that were cut.
- Some of the Filling that was cooked.
- Fold in half all the tortillas that were put on the griddle.
- Heat the mushroom quesadillas for approximately 1½ minutes per each side, until the cheese has melted.
|While the quesadillas are heated they can be pressed gently so the filling unites with the cheese and they will heat faster.|
“A Beautiful Style"
Recommendation: The quesadillas are ready so you can put them your favorite salsa.
Variation: Prepare these quesadillas with blue tortillas and feel the difference.
Did you like the Quesadillas?
The Quesadillas can also be Filled with: