Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
The guava is a fruit that has its origin in Mesoamerica. There are reports from the first Spaniards, that settled in Mexico, in which is mentioned that the guava was already used, mainly for healing purposes. And it was the Spaniards who introduced it in Europe and Asia.
When the guavas ripe they exhale a deep aroma that makes them very appetizing. They are used in desserts and candies, but in this recipe it will be used to fill a vinaigrette with an amazing flavor since it has sweet, acidic and citrus notes . But that’s not all because the other ingredients that enter to complement the preparation, make of the guava vinaigrette a delight.
This vinaigrette is ideal for using in any salad but its best application is on vegetables that are lightly roasted or fried. Although their applications don’t end up here because it can also be used to season a lobster.
About the Recipe
- In this recipe you are only going to blend and beat, is very simple.
- We recommend using extra virgin olive oil in the preparation, so your vinaigrette has better flavor.
- This vinaigrette is prepared with apple cider vinegar and don’t substitute it for another type of vinegar because it will distort the final flavor.
- 5 minutes are enough to prepare the vinaigrette.
- The recipe yields 1 cup.
- Peel 1 guava.
- Put in a blender:
- The Guava that was peeled.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- 3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
- Put in a bowl:
- Strain the Mixture that was blended.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Chili Powder.
- 3/4 of a cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
|These ingredients are not blended because they may lose flavor.|
- Beat the bowl ingredients with a balloon whisk or with a fork, until they are well integrated.
– Aromatic and Tropical –
Tip: If the guava vinaigrette is used in salads that have some type of shellfish, add minced chive because it gives very good flavor.
Variation: Another type of Mexican vinaigrette that is prepared with avocado.
Did you like the Vinaigrette?
✬ Salad in a Glass
✬ Carrot Salad with Cream
✬ Cucumber Salad
✬ Cactus Paddle Salad
✬ Tuna Salad