Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
with many ingredients
This salsa is curious because it has a little bit of everything... like a miscellany. It is the salsa
where you will find different types of chilies, different types of spices, different types of condiments
and at the time of preparing it many cooking techniques are used. It is an elaborated salsa that is full of flavor.
The chilies that are used in the preparation give a series of flavors that can be found a lot in Mexico: spicy, sweet and smoky. Then this flavors are seasoned
with cumin, oregano and more ingredients that give an interesting touch and they perfume all the salsa. As final touch the condiments help to increase the flavor of all the salsa and in this way you will get the salsa that all the dishes that have beef
About the Recipe
- The preparation of this salsa is not complicated, you surely already know the techniques: cut, cook and blend.
- To make the salsa chipotle peppers are used which have to be in their dried version, don’t use them in adobo because the result won’t be good.
- To season the salsa sugar is used and it may be white or brown or even piloncillo.
- The preparation time is of 15 minutes.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
8 Cascabel Peppers (1.7 oz)
8 Morita Peppers (1.4 oz)
3 Ancho Peppers (1 oz)
3 dried Chipotle Peppers (.5 oz)
1 tablespoon of Sugar
1 teaspoon of Oregano
1/2 teaspoon of Cumin
1/2 teaspoon of Paprika
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
1 Measuring Cup
1 Cutting Board
1 Kitchen Spoon
Cut and Cook
- Discard the veins and the seeds of 3 ancho peppers.
- Put in a saucepan:
- The 3 Ancho Peppers with the ones you worked.
- 8 Cascabel Peppers.
- 8 Morita Peppers.
- 3 dried Chipotle Peppers.
- The enough Water to cover all the ingredients.
- Bring the saucepan water to a boil over high heat and leave the chilies cooking in the boiling water for about 5 minutes, until they soften.
- Transfer from the saucepan to a blender, with a kitchen spoon, the ancho peppers and the morita peppers that were cooked; then set aside.
- Remove from the saucepan, with the kitchen spoon, the cascabel peppers and the chipotle peppers that were cooked.
- Remove the seeds of the chipotle peppers that were cooked and remove the seeds and the veins of the cascabel peppers that were cooked.
Blend and Cook
- Also add in the blender, along with the other ingredients:
- The 3 Chipotle Peppers with the ones you worked.
- The 8 Cascabel Peppers with the ones you worked.
- 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of Oregano.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Paprika.
- 1/2 cup of Water (4.2 fl oz).
- Blend very well the ingredients and reserve.
- Heat in the saucepan over medium heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add in the saucepan:
- The Mixture that was blended.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the saucepan ingredients.
- Cook the miscellany salsa for about 5 minutes, until it acquires an intense red color; stir occasionally.
Since you like to have many chilies
in a salsa prepare the 7 chilies salsa.
Did you like the Miscellany Salsa?
Mexican Recipes with Beef
☜ Grilled Steak
☜ Beef Jerky
☜ Steak with Onions