Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
– simple and spicy –
This salsa is very simple because only 4 ingredients are used in the preparation but the final result is full of flavor. It is a spicy salsa because it is prepared with many arbol peppers
, which is a dried chili of small size, its color is red and is very spicy.
*The spicy Mexican salsas are not only designed to transform dishes into fire
they also have another function, of seasoning dishes. This option is achieved when they are used in very small quantities. So if you don’t tolerate the hotness you can also include the spicy salsas in your recipe book and you will know how to use them.
The texture of the mulatto salsa is soft and oily – the best option to taste it is by just putting it on the table and in this way each diner can enjoy it in small quantities with almost any dish like a soup
, a beef
, a grilled chicken
breast, a good grilled fish
... whatsoever comes to your mind.
About the Recipe
- Preparing this salsa is the easiest thing there is.
- In this case is convenient to use vegetable oil so it doesn’t alter the final flavor, we recommend using maize or canola oil.
- The salsa is prepared with 10 arbol peppers and don’t reduce this quantity to make the salsa less spicy because it won’t have the adequate consistency.
- In 5 minutes or less the salsa will be on your table.
- Yields 1 cup.
10 Arbol Peppers (1.7 oz)
3 Garlic cloves (.4 oz)
1 cup of Vegetable Oil (8.4 fl oz)
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
- Put on a griddle over medium heat 10 arbol peppers and roast them for about 40 seconds, until all their sides are lightly roasted; move them regularly.
||Don’t roast the chilies for a long time because its flavor becomes bitter.
- Transfer from the griddle to a blender all the arbol peppers that were roasted.
- Also add in the blender:
- 3 Garlic cloves.
- 1 cup of Vegetable Oil.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
Simple and Tasty
A great advantage of this salsa
is that it can be preserved
for weeks in the fridge.
Did you like the Mulatto Salsa?
☝ Rice Pudding
☝ Spiced Coffee
☝ Vegetarian Burrito
☝ Shrimp Ceviche
☝ Red Pozole with Chicken