Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Peach and Tequila
This recipe is a very original and versatile option that serves us as salsa but it can also be used to marinate meats
while they are raw and when they are cooked they will have a fantastic
– If the salsa is going to be used to marinate, we recommend leaving the meat marinating for about 8 hours so it impregnates of all the flavors and aromas of the salsa.
Without a doubt the tequila is the most recognized Mexican drink
worldwide. And possibly you did not imagine that it could be used in the preparation of some dishes. In this preparation is combined with very different flavors such as the peaches and the arbol pepper, that give an amazing aromatic complexity. The flavor may seem too contrasty but it is exceptional
In fact the salsa is strong because the tequila’s flavor is very predominant, it has certain sweetness from the peach and a sparkle of hotness. Definitely a salsa that cannot be missed.
About the Recipe
- In this recipe you are only going to roast and blend – anyone can prepare it.
- For making the salsa peach jam is used and the one you like the most can be used.
- You don’t have to use the best tequila to make the salsa. As long as white or rested tequila is used, your salsa will have an extraordinary flavor.
- In the preparation apple cider vinegar is used because it combines very well with the flavor of the other ingredients, don’t substitute it for white vinegar.
- In less than 5 minutes the salsa will be ready.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
1 jar of Peach Jam (6.5 oz)
2/5 of a cup of Tequila (3.3 fl oz)
2 Oranges (14.1 oz)
1 Arbol Pepper (.1 oz)
1 Garlic clove (.1 oz)
1/4 cup of Worcestershire Sauce (2 fl oz)
1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar (2 fl oz)
Pepper to taste
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
1 Orange Squeezer (optional)
- Put on a griddle over medium heat:
- 1 Arbol Pepper.
- 1 Garlic clove.
- Roast the griddle ingredients for approximately 1 minute, until all their sides are lightly roasted; move them regularly with some tongs.
||The chili and the garlic are roasted so the salsa will have more flavor.
- Transfer from the griddle to a blender, with the tongs, the ingredients that were roasted.
- Also add in the blender:
- Pour all the Peach Jam.
- 2/5 of a cup of Tequila.
- The juice of 2 Oranges.
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire Sauce.
- 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
Sweet and Potent
This salsa can be preserved
in the fridge for 2 weeks, without any problem.
The tequila is also used in the drunk salsa.
Did you like the Salsa with Tequila?
More Mexican Recipes
♫ Gold Margarita
♫ Horchata Water
♫ Vegetarian Burrito
♫ Cream and Cinnamon Bananas