Home >> Appetizers >>
Shrimps to the Vinaigrette
This is a perfect recipe for the summer days , when it is very hot, and we crave for light and fresh dishes, like this shrimps to the vinaigrette – which are a synonym of freshness and good flavor.
This dish consists in the combination of shrimps with tomato, cucumber, onion, chili and more ingredients (that you will discover). Then all the ingredients are seasoned with a vinaigrette that gives an exact flavor to the dish.
These shrimps to the vinaigrette are an ideal preparation to serve as snack, antojito or entree plate for lunch or for a family dinner in the open air.
About the Recipe
- To make this recipe there are many steps to follow, but they are not difficult to perform.
- This recipe is prepared with red onion, if you don’t get it you can also use white onion.
- It is important that extra virgin olive oil is used because it is the one that gives the best flavor to this type of salads.
- Try to get sea salt because it seasons the shrimps in a better way.
- Preparation time .
- The recipe serves 4 portions.
DirectionsCook the Shrimps
- Put in a saucepan:
- 2 Bay Leaves.
- The enough Water to cover 1.1 lbs of shrimps.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Sea Salt.
- Boil the saucepan water over high heat.
- When it boils incorporate in the saucepan 1.1 lbs of shrimps and leave them cooking in the boiling water for about 2 minutes, until they are lightly cooked and they acquire a light pink color.
|The shrimps are cooked with skin so they keep their flavor better.|
- Immediately transfer from the saucepan to a colander the shrimps that were cooked and rinse them with cold water.
|The shrimps are rinsed with cold water so they stop cooking, until being overcooked. In this way the shrimps maintain a good consistency and flavor.|
- Peel all the shrimps that were rinsed.
- Remove the head of the shrimps that were peeled and the vein that is located in the upper back. Upon completion put them in a bowl and reserve.
- Peel 1/2 cucumber, cut it lengthwise and discard the seeds.
- Dice the 1/2 cucumber with the one you worked and 2 tomatoes. Upon completion pass them to the bowl where the shrimps are and reserve.
- Finely chop 1/2 red onion, 1 serrano pepper and 5 coriander sprigs. Upon completion pass them to the bowl, with the other ingredients and reserve.
|If you don’t want the shrimps to the vinaigrette to be that spicy you can remove the seeds and the veins of the serrano pepper.|
Prepare the Vinaigrette
- Put in another bowl:
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 1/3 of a cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 4 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Beat the bowl ingredients with a balloon whisk or with a fork, until they are well integrated.
- Pour the vinaigrette that was beaten in the bowl over the other bowl, where the shrimps are with the other ingredients.
- Mix very well the shrimps to the vinaigrette with a mixing spatula.
“Fresh and Delicious"
Tip: If you are going to put this plate on the table center , put some tortilla chips so it can be easier to enjoy this tasty appetizer.
Suggestion: These shrimps can also be served over a lettuce bed and you will have a complete salad.
Did you like the Shrimps?
Similar Mexican Recipes
ᐒ Shrimp Ceviche
ᐒ Devil Shrimps
ᐒ Garlic Shrimps
ᐒ Shrimp Brochette al Achiote
ᐒ Shrimp Chilpachole