The Famous Margarita
This drink of Mexican origin is as famous as uncertain its origin. Many are the legends that try to explain its origin and the name of this famous cocktail. One of the most popular is situated in the year of 1948 in Acapulco, where a young American of the high society named Margarita Sames celebrated a party with famous guests.
The hostess, with the intention of cheering up the party came up with a mixture of tequila with triple sec and lime juice to lessen de alcohol. Then she stirred the drink and it was put in rimmed salt cups. As you can imagine the drink was a success at the party and then it was unveiled to Mexico and the world.
The margarita is one of those refreshing beverages that gives the sensation of being on holidays whenever is drunk. It combines marvelously tequila’s strong flavor with the sweetness of the orange coming from the triple sec and there can never be missed the lime’s acid point.
About the Recipe
- The margarita is easy to make, you only have to prepare the cups and mix some ingredients.
- It is very important to prepare the margarita in a cocktail shaker so you get the best result.
- We recommend buying a quality triple sec so your drink has a better flavor, with a magnificent orange touch. The “Cointreau Triple Sec" is the best and the original triple sec.
- We also recommend using white, silver or platinum tequila.
- The margaritas will be ready in .
- This recipe is for 2 cups.
- Put on a small plate 1 tablespoon of salt and reserve.
- Pass 1/4 of a lime through half of the external rim of 2 cups.
- Pass the half of the external rim that has lime, of the 2 cups, through the salt that was served; then set aside.
|In this way only one half of the rim will have salt and the other half of the rim won’t have salt and you can choose from which side to drink – the one you like the most.|
- Pour in a cocktail shaker:
- 1 oz Tequila.
- 1 oz of Triple Sec.
- 1 oz of Lime juice.
- 1 teaspoon of Fine Grained Sugar.
- Ice Cubes to taste.
- Shake very well the cocktail shaker, until the fine grained sugar has dissolved.
- Pour in the 2 cups that were prepared the margarita, without adding the ice cubes.
|If you want to enjoy the margarita on the rocks, just add new ice cubes in the margarita.|
Enjoy the Margarita!
Tip: This margarita can be garnished by putting 1 lime slice on the cup rim.
Variation: Gold margarita , a margarita with an aged taste.
Did you like the Margarita?
། Devil Shrimps
། Melted Cheese with Mushrooms
། Tortilla Chips
། Pico de Gallo Salsa
། Grilled Steak