Jicama and Orange
This salad is amazing for the variety of flavors that fuses . The flavors range from the citrus flavor of the orange to the tropical flavor of the jicama. You will also find the sweet flavor of the apple, the soft flavor of the lettuce, the strong flavor of the red onion and many more...
In this salad there are also many textures , that range from the crunch of the jicama to the hardness of the nut. There is also the softness of the tangerine and many more...
Now imagine all these ingredients and many more... combined and dressed. The reality is that it is a salad full of surprises. With the combination of so many ingredients, one never knows what is going to happen in the palate.
– The jicama and orange salad is excellent to serve it as first course , which will prepare the palate to venture into a world of flavors.
About the Recipe
- To make the salad first the dressing has to be made, then the fruit and vegetable have to be cut to finally mix everything. We are sure that you can perform these steps.
- As a good Mexican salad it is dressed with chili powder, we recommend the Tajin chili powder – it is the best.
- We give the recipe with red onion and we really recommend it for the flavor and texture, that it will give to the final result.
- The salad will be ready in .
- The recipe serves 4 portions.
- Peel 1 jicama, 1 orange and 1 tangerine; then reserve.
|We don’t recommend using a peeler to peel the jicama because its skin is very hard and you won’t get good results.|
- Cut into strips the jicama that was peeled, put it in a bowl and reserve.
- Dice the orange that was peeled, the tangerine that was peeled and 1/2 apple. Upon completion put them in the bowl and reserve.
- Finely chop 1/4 of a lettuce, 1/4 of a red onion and 1 coriander sprig. Upon completion pass them to the bowl and reserve.
Prepare the Dressing
- Put in another bowl:
- The juice of 2 Limes.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Chili Powder.
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Beat the bowl ingredients with a balloon whisk or with a fork, until they are well integrated. Then set aside.
- Put in the other bowl, where the jicama and orange salad is:
- 4 tablespoons of minced Nuts.
- The Dressing that was beaten in the other bowl.
- Mix very well the jicama and orange salad, with a mixing spatula.
What a Delight!
What a Freshness!
Recommendation: After a healthy food what do you think about a vegetarian dish.
Variation: Grated carrot can also be put to this salad to make it more nutritious.
Did you like the Jicama Salad?
Cook More Mexican Food
⋻ Peasant Rice
⋻ Green Salsa with Avocado
⋻ Green Chilaquiles with Chicken
⋻ Lima Soup