Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
In the Mexican cuisine
the dishes are not only seasoned with flavors or with aromas they are also seasoned with colors
that transform the dishes into works of art because the sight is the first sense that tastes the dish.
– If you want to fill a dish with colors this is the indicated salsa because is a whole feast of colors.
The mango and avocado salsa consists of an amazing mixture of fresh ingredients
. It is full of flavor and just like the pico de gallo
all the ingredients are cut into small chunks.
In this salsa you will find the mango’s sweetness combined with the avocado’s softness, also the chili is used to give a spicy touch and as final touch other ingredients are used to give freshness to the preparation. This salsa can be accompanied with a snack and we are sure that you will amaze your friends. It can also be used to put to a dish that has fish
... or if you want it can even be put as garnish of a main dish.
About the Recipe
- To make this recipe any experience is required because you are only going to cut and mix.
- The salsa is prepared with bell pepper, we recommend using the red bell pepper so your salsa has more colors and a touch of sweetness.
- Preferably use red onion in the preparation because it will give better flavor to the salsa.
- In about 10 minutes you will have the salsa on the table.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
1 Mango (8.8 oz)
1 Avocado (8.8 oz)
1 Serrano Pepper (.4 oz)
1 Lime (1.1 oz)
1/2 Bell Pepper (2.6 oz)
1/4 of a Red Onion (1.2 oz)
2 Coriander sprigs (.7 oz)
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
1/4 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
1 Mixing Spatula
1 Lime Squeezer (optional)
- Finely chop 1/4 of a red onion, 1 serrano pepper and 2 coriander sprigs. Upon completion put them in a bowl and reserve.
||If you want a less spicy salsa remove the veins and the seeds of the chili.
- Remove the veins and the seeds of 1/2 bell pepper, then reserve.
- Peel 1 mango and reserve.
- Scoop out the pulp of 1 avocado.
- Dice the bell pepper with the one you worked, the mango that was peeled and the avocado’s pulp that was scooped out. Upon completion put them in the bowl and also add:
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the mango and avocado salsa with a mixing spatula.
A Colorful Salsa
This salsa won’t last long, it has to be consumed
the same day.
The mango and the avocado are also very well combined in a guacamole.
Did you like the Mango Salsa?
Mexican Dishes with Chicken or Fish
☄ Chicken Burrito
☄ School Shark Bread
☄ Chicken Tacos
☄ Veracruz Style Fish
☄ Chicken in Green Pipian