Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
– Exquisite –
Here we have a salsa
that we are sure that everybody wants to try once in their life. This may be because the people are curious of trying the mango in the form of a salsa and they also want to see their food garnished with the mango’s appetizing color.
The mango salsa is a super original preparation, it is delicious and is full of different flavors
. When the mango forms part of the salsa a lot of play goes on with its flavor because beyond being sweet and tropical a chipotle pepper is added to give it hotness and a smoky touch. The salsa’s flavor is also enhanced with other ingredients and as final touch is seasoned to perfection with some acidic notes. In summary you cannot miss it.
The best part of the salsa is that although it is complex
it can be used in a wide variety of main courses and appetizers.
We recommend using it in dishes that have chicken
or shellfish... and when you use it get ready because your food will become a whole feast of flavors.
About the Recipe
- This recipe has many steps but it doesn’t require much technique.
- The salsa is prepared with 1 chipotle pepper in adobo and it can be bought canned or it would be fantastic if you prepare it.
- It is better to use apple cider vinegar in the preparation because it combines very well with the other ingredients.
- This preparation will take you maximum 15 minutes.
- The recipe is given for 2 cups of salsa.
1 Mango (8.8 oz)
1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo (.4 oz)
3 Spring Onions (1.1 oz)
1 Garlic clove (.4 oz)
1 tablespoon of Sugar
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
Pepper to taste
1/4 tablespoon of Salt
1 Frying Pan
1 Cutting Board
Cut and Fry
- Finely chop 1 garlic clove and 3 spring onions; then reserve.
- Peel 1 mango.
- Cut into small chunks the mango that was peeled, then set aside.
- Heat in a frying pan over medium heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add in the frying pan:
- The Garlic clove that was minced.
- The Spring Onions that were minced.
- Mix the frying pan ingredients and fry them for approximately 1 minute, until they look a bit transparent; stir regularly.
- Also incorporate in the frying pan, along with the other ingredients, 1 chipotle pepper in adobo. Mix the ingredients and fry them for approximately 1 minute, until the chili is lightly fried; stir regularly.
- Add in the frying pan the small chunks of the mango that was cut. Mix the ingredients and fry them for about 15 seconds, until the mango is lightly fried; stir regularly.
- Put in the frying pan:
- 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 4 tablespoons of Water.
- Mix the frying pan ingredients and fry them for 3 minutes, so the flavors mix; stir regularly.
- Transfer from the frying pan to a blender the ingredients that were fried.
- Also add in the blender, along with the other ingredients:
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
- Strain over a bowl the mango salsa.
||It is very important that the salsa has a soft texture that’s why it is strained.
A Tropical Salsa
After 1 day this salsa will lose
flavor and freshness.
If you want the salsa can be garnished with chive.
The mango salsa can also be prepared with habanero pepper.
Did you like the Mango Salsa?
Mexican Dishes with Chicken or Fish
☄ Chicken Burrito
☄ School Shark Bread
☄ Chicken Tacos
☄ Veracruz Style Fish
☄ Chicken in Green Pipian