Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Manzano Pepper Salsa
In the endless world of the Mexican salsas, we come across with this delicious and simple recipe that will surprise us due to all the range of flavors that it has.
The manzano pepper salsa is a combination where the spicy and acidic flavors predominate , it also has toasted and sweet notes. The salsa’s consistency is liquid and thanks to its potent spicy flavor is the indicated one to put to beef or pork tacos.
About the Recipe
- To make this recipe you have to work a little but everything is easy to make.
- The manzano pepper can be found of yellow and orange color. In the preparation either of the two can be used, just consider that the orange is more spicy.
- We recommend using olive oil in the recipe so the salsa has better flavor.
- The preparation of this salsa will take you 20 minutes.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
- Put on a griddle over medium heat 2 tomatoes and roast them for about 5 minutes, until all their sides are moderately roasted; move them regularly with some tongs.
- Transfer from the griddle to a blender, with the tongs, the tomatoes that were roasted; then reserve.
- Remove the veins and seeds of 1 manzano pepper.
|If you leave the veins and the seed of the chili, your salsa is going to be fire and it will have a darker color.|
- Put on the griddle over medium heat the manzano pepper with the one you worked and roast it for about 2 minutes, until all their sides are lightly roasted; move it regularly with the tongs.
- Transfer from the griddle to a blender, with the tongs, the manzano pepper that was roasted.
Blend and Cook
- Also add in the blender, along with the other ingredients:
- 1/4 of an Onion.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- 1/2 cup of Water (4.2 fl oz).
- Blend very well the ingredients.
- Heat in a saucepan over medium heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Put in the saucepan:
- The Mixture that was blended.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix the saucepan ingredients and wait until the manzano pepper salsa boils.
- When the manzano pepper salsa boils reduce to low heat and cook it for about 5 minutes, until it thickens a little and acquires a more intense color; stir occasionally.
Variation: The manzano pepper salsa can also be prepared with cantaloupe – try it .
Did you like the Manzano Pepper Salsa?
Other Mexican Salsas
Mole from Xico
Mango and Habanero Pepper Salsa