Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
and Cantaloupe Salsa
Upon seeing the name of this recipe, we are sure that it has gone through your mind... This must be a mistake. Manzano pepper and cantaloupe? In a salsa? Don’t worry it is not a mistake, nor we have gone crazy, it is just the salsa that you are about to try.
The manzano pepper and cantaloupe salsa is an exotic combination of spicy and sweet . It also has an acidic point and is very refreshing. The salsa style is similar to the pico de gallo because all its ingredients are chopped, mixed and dressed.
Thanks to its freshness and delicacy is an ideal salsa for accompanying dishes that have fish or shellfish, like some achiote shrimp brochettes or a good grilled fish fillet. But it also serves as accompaniment of your favorite appetizers.
About the Recipe
- The preparation of this salsa is very easy, you only have to mince and mix.
- You will find the manzano pepper in red, green, orange and yellow color. Use the one you like the most.
- We recommend using the orange cantaloupe and don’t substitute it for the green cantaloupe.
- In approximately 5 minutes the salsa will be ready.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
- Remove the skin of 1/4 of a cantaloupe.
- Dice the 1/4 cantaloupe with the one you worked and 1/2 red onion. Upon completion put them in a bowl and reserve.
- Remove the veins and the seeds of 2 manzano peppers.
|Is very important to remove the veins and the seeds of the chilies because if not your salsa will be fire.|
- Finely chop the 2 manzano peppers with the ones you worked and pass them to the bowl.
- Also add in the bowl:
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the manzano pepper and cantaloupe salsa with a mixing spatula.
Combination of Flavors
Tip: Leave the salsa resting in the fridge for about 10 minutes so it has more freshness .
Recommendation: Garnish the salsa with some mint leaves , it will look incredible.
Did you like the Chili and Cantaloupe Salsa?
❁ Veracruz Style Fish
❁ Octopus Ceviche
❁ School Shark Bread
❁ Pork Picadillo