Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
It may be hard for you to imagine a pineapple salsa like the one of this recipe since this salsa does not consist of a syrup that is used in desserts
... this recipe consists of an explosion of flavors
It is a salsa in which the pineapple’s sweet flavor is combined with the hotness of the jalapeno pepper and they are wrapped in a bittersweet flavor coming from the vinegar and the ketchup. We know that is a combination out of the ordinary
but its flavor is amazing. Prepare the salsa when you have guests and you will be renown as a culinary expert.
This pineapple salsa really delights palates for its originality. We recommend using it in some shrimps, over some breaded chicken
pieces or over some pork chops – possibly over the pork
is its best application. It can also be used in some Mexican appetizers
but not in all.
About the Recipe
- In the preparation you are only going to blend and cook, it can be considered as a recipe for beginners.
- This salsa enhances the bittersweet flavors for this reason pineapple in syrup is used and don’t substitute it for fresh pineapple because its acidity doesn’t combine with the other flavors.
- To make the salsa 1 jalapeno pepper is used and it is very important to use it pickled so the vinegar gives to the salsa more contrasting flavors.
- As part of the ingredients ketchup and jalapeno pepper is used. If you want you can use 1/2 cup of jalapeno ketchup and it won’t be necessary to use the jalapeno pepper.
- The salsa will be ready in just 10 minutes.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
5 slices of Pineapple in Syrup (12.3 oz)
1 Pickled Jalapeno Pepper (.5 oz)
1/2 cup of Sugar (4.4 oz)
1/2 cup of Ketchup (4.2 fl oz)
2 tablespoons of Corn Starch
1 cup of the Pineapple Syrup (8.4 fl oz)
4 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Put in a blender:
- 5 slices of Pineapple in Syrup.
- 1 Pickled Jalapeno Pepper.
- 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- 1/2 cup of Ketchup.
- 2 tablespoons of Corn Starch.
- 1 cup of the Pineapple Syrup.
- 4 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
- Put in a saucepan the mixture that was blended and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- When the pineapple salsa boils reduce to low heat and cook it for about 8 minutes, until it thickens and acquires a more intense color; stir occasionally.
Bittersweet and Spicy
Preferably leave the salsa resting
for about 15 minutes, before serving, so the flavors settle.
The pineapple salsa can also be prepared in a spicy
Did you like the Pineapple Salsa?
Mexican Recipes with Pork
℧ Pork Picadillo
℧ Pork in Adobo
℧ Tacos al Pastor
℧ Pork Ribs in Green Salsa