Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
We are not sure if you are familiar with the combination of pineapple and piquant... but in this recipe you will discover that it is an exquisite
The spicy pineapple salsa is similar to the pico de gallo
but without the use of the tomato. This means that you will find many fresh ingredients cut into small chunks
, which are dressed with salt and lime juice.
As it can be imagined the salsa is super fresh and its flavor is contrasting because many different ingredients are used in its preparation. It is the ideal accompaniment of some good tacos al pastor
but it can also be used in some achiote shrimp brochettes
or with a tasty chicken adobo.
About the Recipe
- In this recipe you are only going to cut and mix, we are sure that you can prepare it.
- The pineapple must be fresh, don’t use pineapple in syrup because it will distort the salsa’s final flavor.
- We recommend using red onion instead of white onion in the preparation because it will give more consistency to the salsa.
- Preparation time 10 minutes.
- The recipe is for 2 cups.
4 Pineapple slices without skin nor core (14.1 oz)
4 Serrano Peppers (1.7 oz)
1 Lime (1 oz)
1/2 Red Onion (2.6 oz)
2 Coriander sprigs (.7 oz)
1/4 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
1 Mixing Spatula
1 Lime Squeezer (optional)
- Cut into small chunks 4 pineapple slices without skin nor core, upon completion put them in a bowl and reserve.
- Finely chop 1/2 red onion and 2 coriander sprigs; upon completion put them in the bowl and reserve.
- Remove the seeds and the veins of 4 serrano peppers.
||The salsa is a little spicy but if you want more hotness don’t remove neither the seeds nor the veins of the serrano peppers.
- Dice the serrano peppers with the ones you worked and put them in the bowl.
- Also add in the bowl:
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the spicy pineapple salsa with a mixing spatula.
Tropical and Piquant
If the salsa is refrigerated
for about 10 minutes, before serving, the flavors are going to improve.
The pineapple can also be used in a creamy dressing.
Did you like the Pineapple Salsa?
☿ Ancho Pepper Adobo
☿ Drunk Salsa
☿ Puebla Style Pipian
☿ Yellow Mole