The adobo salsa that is used in this preparation, gives to the chicken a flavor that is strong, slightly spicy and a bit spicy . It also fills it of warm colors and harmonious aromas, that everyone will love.
The adobo emerged from the search of ways to extend the useful life of food products. Besides it gives a different flavor and aroma to the food, depending on the ingredients that are used.
The adobos were brought to Mexico by the Spaniards, who learned this technique from the Arabs. When the adobos touched Mexico, they were rapidly adapted to the local ingredients, mainly chili and annatto, to achieve a very Mexican seasoning.
This delicious main course can be accompanied with white rice , mashed potato, mixed salad – although without a doubt the best option is the lightest. Just accompany it with lettuce leaves, that make the dish look phenomenal.
About the Recipe
- This is a very easy recipe, where just an adobo will be prepared and the chicken is going to be cooked in the oven – that simple.
- This recipe can be prepared with the chicken pieces that you like the most. Only make sure that are 26.4 oz.
- The adobo that is used in this recipe, is prepared with 1/2 achiote bar and if you want you can prepare it.
- In this preparation try to use apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar because it gives a better flavor to the adobo.
- The preparation time is long, of about . Although while the chicken is marinated and cooked, you won’t work in the recipe.
- This chicken will be enjoyed by 5 persons.
DirectionsPrepare the Adobo Salsa
- Put in a saucepan:
- 3 Guajillo Peppers.
- 1 Ancho Pepper.
- The enough Water to cover all the ingredients.
- Bring the saucepan water to a boil over high heat.
- Leave the chilies cooking in the boiling water for about 5 minutes, until they soften.
- Transfer from the saucepan to a blender, with a kitchen spoon, the chilies that were cooked.
- Also add in the blender:
- The juice of 1 Orange.
- 1/4 of an Onion.
- 1 Garlic clove.
- 1/2 Achiote bar.
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin.
- 1 teaspoon of Oregano.
- 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Blend very well the ingredients, then reserve.
Marinate the Chicken
- Clean 26.4 oz of chicken pieces and put them in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle over all the sides of the chicken pieces, that are in the baking dish:
- Pepper to taste.
- 1 tablespoon of Salt.
- Pour over the chicken pieces the adobo salsa that was prepared.
- Smear the adobo salsa, with a spoon, over all the sides of the chicken pieces.
- Cover the baking dish with a piece of food wrap film, put it in the refrigerator and leave the chicken pieces marinating for 4 hours, so the flavors mix.
Cook the Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 390º F.
- Take from the fridge the baking dish and remove the piece of food wrap film.
- Put in the oven the baking dish and leave the chicken adobo cooking for about 50 minutes, until it is well cooked.
|If the chicken is cooked in this way it will come out a bit roasted and if it is cooked in a oven bag it will come out juicy.|
|If you want you can check the chicken adobo halfway cooked, after about 25 minutes and turn the chicken pieces if it would be necessary.|
A Dish Full of
“Aroma, Color and Flavor"
Tip: If you feel that the chicken is too spicy , you will urgently need a Mexican drink.
Variation: The chicken can also be changed for pork.
Did you like the Adobado Chicken?
Other Mexican Recipes that you will Like
✱ Potatoes with Peppers
✱ Veracruz Style Fish
✱ Red Vegetarian Pozole
✱ Chorizo Burrito
✱ Green Enchiladas with Beef