Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Ranch Style Salsa
Now you are going to have on your table a very very different salsa... the ranch style salsa with tequila is very original and if you have the luck of trying it we are sure that you will want more.
Actually everything is amazing of this salsa – the combination of ingredients, its flavor, its consistency and all its secrets that you will be discovering.
What amazes the most of the salsa is that many ingredients that are used are normally used in salads , then expect very different flavors. The salsa consistency is curious because you will find many diced ingredients with a lot of softness. And to close with a flourish the tequila covers the salsa with a very special touch .
This salsa is spicy and is the indicated one for using in appetizers and in dishes that have beef. The seasoning that your dishes will acquire will fascinate you.
About the Recipe
- This salsa is not difficult of making but you have to follow many steps.
- Any type of tequila can be used to make the recipe, we recommend using a moderately good one... your salsa will appreciate it.
- Along the preparation many ingredients are fried, use olive oil so they will have better flavor.
- The preparation time is of 45 minutes.
- The recipe is for 2 cups.
- Remove the veins and the seeds of 3 jalapeno peppers.
|If you want a spicier salsa you can leave the seeds and the veins of the chilies.|
- Finely chop the chilies with the ones you worked, 1/2 onion and 3 garlic cloves; then set aside.
- Peel 1 potato and 2 carrots.
- Dice the potato and the carrots that were peeled; then reserve.
Peel the Tomatoes
- Make a shallow X cut on the inferior part of 5 tomatoes, then reserve.
- Pour in a saucepan the enough water to cover the 5 tomatoes with the ones you worked and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- When it boils incorporate in the saucepan the 5 tomatoes with the ones you worked and leave them cooking in the boiling water for about 25 seconds, until the skins start to separate.
- Take from the saucepan, with a kitchen spoon, the tomatoes that were cooked and rinse them with cold water.
- Remove the skins of the tomatoes that were rinsed.
- Dice the tomatoes that were peeled and reserve.
- Heat in the saucepan over medium heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add in the saucepan:
- The Onion that was minced.
- The Garlic cloves that were minced.
- Mix the saucepan ingredients and fry them for approximately 1 minute, until they look a bit transparent; stir regularly.
- Incorporate in the saucepan the potato dices that were cut. Mix the ingredients and fry them for about 2 minutes, until the potato is lightly fried; stir regularly.
- Put in the saucepan, along with the other ingredients:
- The Jalapeno Peppers that were minced.
- The dices of the Carrots that were cut.
- Mix the saucepan ingredients and fry them for about 3 minutes, until the chili and the carrot are lightly fried; stir regularly.
- Add in the saucepan the dices of the tomatoes that were cut. Mix the ingredients and fry them for about 2 minutes, until the tomato is lightly fried; stir regularly.
- Pour in the saucepan 3/4 of a cup of tequila. Mix the ingredients and heat them for about 2 minutes, until the alcohol evaporates; stir occasionally.
- Reduce to low heat and add in the saucepan:
- 2 teaspoons of Oregano.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix the saucepan ingredients, cover it and cook the ranch style salsa with tequila for about 15 minutes, until it thickens a little and acquires a more intense color; stir occasionally.
* Unfortunately this salsa will only last 2 days, then hurry up to eat it.
Recommendation: If you liked the combination of tequila and salsa, you have to try the drunk salsa with tequila.
Did you like the Ranch Salsa with Tequila?
❢ Horchata Water
❢ Gold Margarita
❢ Spiced Coffee