Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Red Salsa with
– Morita Pepper –
– Why do we need another red salsa if we already have one?
– This variation to the red salsa is necessary because with the morita pepper the red salsa acquires a flavor that is stronger, smokier and it becomes a little spicier .
With this characteristics the red salsa with morita pepper turns out excellent to put to tacos and to beef basically. Definitely a salsa that you will see a lot in taco shops .
*The morita pepper is a small variety of the jalapeno pepper, which goes through a dried and smoked process. It is similar to the chipotle pepper , slightly spicier and with some sweetness.
About the Recipe
- To make this salsa you won’t have any complication because you only have to cook and blend ingredients.
- This salsa is spicy but if you want it less spicy, reduce the number of chilies in the same proportions.
- If you want to prepare this salsa in molcajete you will have to work a lot but it will acquire a sensational flavor.
- In maximum your salsa will be ready.
- Yields 3 cups.
- Put in a saucepan:
- 5 Morita Peppers.
- 4 Arbol Peppers.
- 4 Tomatoes.
- The enough Water to cover all the ingredients.
|If you want to reduce a bit the hotness of the salsa, remove the seeds of the morita peppers.|
- Bring the saucepan water to a boil over high heat.
- Leave the ingredients cooking in the boiling water for about 4 minutes, until the chilies soften.
- Transfer from the saucepan to a blender, with a kitchen spoon, the ingredients that were cooked.
- Also add in the blender:
- 1/4 of an Onion.
- 1 Garlic clove.
- 4 Coriander sprigs.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
Tip: If you get a burning sensation eat bread or tortilla , they always help to diminish the hotness.
Variation: If you want to taste another salsa that is prepared with tomato, make the Mexican Style Tomato Salsa – a salsa that specializes in pastas.
Did you like the Morita Salsa?
Other Mexican Recipes that you will Like
↠ Peasant Rice
↠ Pot Beans
↠ Shredded Beef Salad
↠ Chicken in Red Pipian Sauce
↠ Pork Ribs in Green Salsa