Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
We are sure that you did not imagine that the variation of watermelon guacamole existed... well this guacamole is super refreshing, juicy, aromatic and a bit spicy . You have to prepare it to prove that in the Mexican cuisine the limit is set by your imagination.
Just as in other guacamoles many ingredients are used, which are combined among them to create an exquisite flavor. The curious thing about this guacamole is that you will find the watermelon chunks over the guacamole, these are not mixed so they can keep their consistency and thanks to this the watermelon guacamole looks divine .
– If you are new in the world of guacamoles. This recipe can be seen as an avocado dip , to which pieces of other ingredients are put to enjoy different textures, consistencies and flavors.
The watermelon guacamole is exquisite and delicate – a fresh bite full of flavor. Ideal as a snack to enjoy on a summer afternoon accompanied of some tortilla chips and a delicious Mexican drink.
About the Recipe
- We assure you that the preparation of this guacamole is very simple.
- If you can get seedless watermelon to prepare this guacamole it would be phenomenal, you will save a lot of work.
- The watermelon guacamole is seasoned with fresh basil leaves that provide mint aromas and spicy flavors. If you don’t have fresh basil it can be substituted for 2 teaspoons of dried basil.
- In this guacamole besides using lime juice, also orange juice is used because it combines very well with the watermelon and it gives a fruity touch.
- Only are needed for this preparation.
- The recipe is for 2 cups.
DirectionsCut some Ingredients
- Dice 1/4 of an onion, then reserve.
- Dice 1/4 of a watermelon and try to remove all the seeds that you can; then reserve.
- Remove the seeds and the veins of 1 serrano pepper.
- Finely chop the serrano pepper with the one you worked and reserve.
- Separate from 4 basil sprigs the leaves from the stalks and discard the stalks.
- Finely chop the basil leaves that were separated, then reserve.
Mix the Ingredients
- Scoop out the pulp of 4 avocados and put it in a bowl; reserve 1 avocado pit.
- Mash with a fork the avocados’ pulp that was put in the bowl, until having the consistency of a puree.
- Also add in the bowl:
- The Onion dices that were cut.
- The Serrano Pepper that was minced.
- The Basil Leaves that were minced.
- The juice of 1/2 Lime.
- The juice of 1/2 Orange.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the bowl ingredients with a mixing spatula.
- Insert in the guacamole, the avocado pit that was reserved.
|The avocado pit serves to preserve the guacamole for a longer time.|
- Put over the guacamole the watermelon dices that were cut.
|Upon completion don’t mix the ingredients because the watermelon consistency will ruin and also of all the guacamole.|
Lots of Color
and Lots of Flavor
* This guacamole has to be eaten on the spot because the avocado oxidizes fast and the watermelon will soften fast.
Variation: If you would like to try another guacamole with fruits, we recommend the guacamole with pomegranate, jicama and mango.
Did you like the Guacamole?
✓ Steak with Onions
✓ Grilled Steak
✓ Green Enchiladas with Beef
✓ Spicy Cecina