Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
– Chili Water –
with Banana Chilies
Don’t worry this recipe doesn’t consist of a water with chili flavor, which you will have to drink – that would be a very unpleasant flavor. What this recipe is really all about is of a very simple salsa of Indigenous tradition based on banana peppers , that will give a vibrant touch and super refreshing to any soup or dish with fish.
– This chili variety also known as white chili has a yellow or light green shade, it is moderately spicy, very aromatic, fine and tasty.
In this salsa the banana pepper is accompanied of only lime, onion, water and salt; in this way a very refreshing salsa is obtained. In fact this salsa is called chili water because it is a very watery salsa.
About the Recipe
- This recipe is super simple and it doesn’t require of any special skill for its preparation.
- The chili water can also be prepared in a molcajete, just use the molcajete instead of the blender and work hard in grinding the ingredients.
- When you finish working with the banana peppers, that are used in this recipe, wash your hands so you won’t have any unpleasant situation.
- It is very important to use fresh banana chilies and not pickled so the best flavor is obtained.
- The preparation of this salsa will take you just 5 minutes.
- This recipe is for 1 cup of salsa.
- Discard the seeds and veins of 4 banana chilies, upon completion put them in a blender.
- Also add in the blender:
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 1/4 of an Onion (1.7 oz).
- 1 cup of Water (8.4 fl oz).
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
|If you have time leave the salsa resting for a few minutes so the flavors settle.|
Spicy and Refreshing
Suggestion: You can also use this salsa to give more flavor to your stews .
Variation: Would you like to taste the banana chilies in a guacamole ?
Did you like the Chili Water?
More Interesting Mexican Recipes
➠ Blue Tortilla
➠ Steak Recado
➠ Machaca with Egg
➠ Vegetarian Ceviche
➠ Wind Fritters