Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
– Chili Water –
with Banana Chilies
Don’t worry this recipe doesn’t consist of a water with chili flavor, which you will have to drink – that would be a very unpleasant flavor. What this recipe is really all about is of a very simple salsa of Indigenous tradition based on banana peppers
, that will give a vibrant touch and super refreshing to any soup
or dish with fish.
– This chili variety also known as white chili
has a yellow or light green shade, it is moderately spicy, very aromatic, fine and tasty.
In this salsa
the banana pepper is accompanied of only lime, onion, water and salt; in this way a very refreshing salsa is obtained. In fact this salsa is called chili water because it is a very watery salsa.
About the Recipe
- This recipe is super simple and it doesn’t require of any special skill for its preparation.
- The chili water can also be prepared in a molcajete, just use the molcajete instead of the blender and work hard in grinding the ingredients.
- When you finish working with the banana peppers, that are used in this recipe, wash your hands so you won’t have any unpleasant situation.
- It is very important to use fresh banana chilies and not pickled so the best flavor is obtained.
- The preparation of this salsa will take you just 5 minutes.
- This recipe is for 1 cup of salsa.
4 Banana Chilies (8.8 oz)
1 Lime (1 oz)
1/4 of an Onion (1.7 oz)
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
1 Lime Squeezer (optional)
- Discard the seeds and veins of 4 banana chilies, upon completion put them in a blender.
- Also add in the blender:
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 1/4 of an Onion (1.7 oz).
- 1 cup of Water (8.4 fl oz).
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
||If you have time leave the salsa resting for a few minutes so the flavors settle.
Spicy and Refreshing
You can also use this salsa to give more flavor to your stews
Would you like to taste the banana chilies in a guacamole
Did you like the Chili Water?
More Interesting Mexican Recipes
➠ Blue Tortilla
➠ Steak Recado
➠ Machaca with Egg
➠ Vegetarian Ceviche
➠ Wind Fritters