Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
The cuaresmenos or cuaresmeno peppers, in reality is the unique “jalapeno pepper". The name cuaresmenos was used in the ancient Mexico and that’s how the jalapeno pepper was called because it was used in the cuaresma (lent), stuffed with cheese or tuna. Actually is one of the most used chilies in the Mexican cuisine.
The cuaresmenos creamy dressing is a delicious seasoning that has a spicy touch that you can use on your salads and favorite dishes. However it also has some fresh notes that will give a very good seasoning to your food.
– In this dressing the touch of the cuaresmeno pepper gives a seasoning that is different, original and above all very Mexican .
About the Recipe
- This tasty creamy dressing happens to be very simple to prepare.
- Note that the cuaresmeno pepper (jalapeno) is considered spicy or very spicy, therefore if you want a milder dressing reduce the quantity of cuaresmeno peppers to one.
- In this recipe yoghurt is used, which has to be natural and unsweetened.
- The required time for this preparation is of .
- This recipe will yield 1 cup of cuaresmenos creamy dressing.
- Remove the seeds and the veins of 2 cuaresmeno peppers (jalapenos).
|The seeds and the veins of the jalapeno peppers don’t give a good texture to the dressing that’s why they have to be removed.|
- Finely chop the 2 cuaresmeno peppers with the ones you worked and 1 coriander sprig. Upon completion put them in a bowl.
- Also add in the bowl:
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 3 tablespoons of Natural Yoghurt.
- 3/4 cups of Olive Oil.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the cuaresmenos creamy dressing with a balloon whisk or with a mixing spatula.
Recommendation: If you would like to use a non spicy creamy dressing, prepare the creamy dressing to the herbs.
Variation: Would you like to taste the pickled cuaresmeno peppers?
Did you like the Cuaresmeno Dressing?
Now Cook an Appetizer
✓ Fried Plantains
✓ Puebla Style Rice
✓ Chorizo Quesadilla
✓ Refried Beans