Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Green Pico de Gallo
The pico de gallo
is not a fixed recipe, it is a recipe that has many variations and in each variation different ingredients are combined that generate very appetizing picos de gallo.
This pico de gallo comes to us from the state of Tamaulipas, where the name of the recipe describes the outcome since it is a salsa where the green colors abound
This preparation is very original, where the tomatillos, the chili and the coriander are in charge of giving a beautiful green color to the salsa
. When you taste the green pico de gallo you will notice that it has acidic flavors but they are not too strong because the other ingredients help to attenuate them. It also has a lot of freshness that is very pleasant to the palate and if you are enjoying some tacos al carbon
or some chicken tacos
... that is the moment of using the green pico de gallo.
About the Recipe
- This recipe is very easy to make.
- In this pico de gallo tomatillos are used and we recommend buying the ones that have a bright color because they have the acidic point that we need.
- In approximately 5 minutes the salsa will be ready.
- The recipe is for 2 cups.
6 Tomatillos (10.5 oz)
1 Serrano Pepper (.4 oz)
1 Lime (1 oz)
1/2 Onion (2.6 oz)
2 Coriander sprigs (.7 oz)
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
1 Mixing Spatula
1 Lime Squeezer (optional)
- Dice 1/2 onion and 6 tomatillos, then put them in a bowl and reserve.
- Finely chop 1 serrano pepper and 2 coriander sprigs; upon completion put them in the bowl.
||If you want to reduce the hotness of the pico de gallo, remove the veins and the seeds of the chili.
- Also add in the bowl:
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the green pico de gallo with a mixing spatula.
Freshness for your Food
The pico de gallo also acquires a beautiful
green color when it is prepared with cucumber.
Did you like the Pico de Gallo?
More Mexican Recipes
♬ Corn Tortilla
♬ Rice Pudding
♬ Charro Beans
♬ Green Chilaquiles
♬ Cucumber Salad