Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Pico de Gallo
The cucumber has its origin in India and it has been cultivated for more than 3,000 years. This is a vegetable that did not exist in Mexico but when the Spaniards introduced it in Mexican soil... it was rapidly incorporated in various Mexican recipes like fruit drinks, salads and even in salsas.
If you are fan of the picos de gallo you already know that many fresh ingredients a mixed. In this case the recipe is different because very few ingredients are used but the freshness that characterizes the picos de gallo is maintained. In fact it is so different that not even the tomato figures in the ingredients list but even so a very good recipe is obtained.
What you are going to taste in this preparation are subtle flavors that are wrapped with hotness and an acidic touch . This pico de gallo can be enjoyed with some snack or it can also be used as garnish of a main course.
About the Recipe
- In this recipe everything is easy, you only have to cut and mix ingredients that are easy to get.
- In order for your salsa to be magnificent use cucumbers that have a firm consistency.
- 5 minutes are enough to prepare the pico de gallo.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
- Cut 1 serrano pepper into slices, upon completion put them in a bowl and reserve.
|If you want to reduce the hotness of the pico de gallo, remove the veins and the seeds of the chili.|
- Peel 2 cucumbers.
- Cut into small chunks the 2 cucumbers that were peeled and then pass them to the bowl.
- Also add in the bowl:
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the cucumber pico de gallo, with a mixing spatula.
Different and Refreshing
Variation: The pico de gallo can also be prepared with tomatillo , grapefruit , mandarin , etc.
Did you like the Pico de Gallo?
✻ Tortilla Chips
✻ Black Mole
✻ Fried Plantains
✻ Ranch Style Eggs