Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
fresh and aromatic
The fresh herbs are a perfect resource to enhance the flavor of numerous dishes and preparations. In the Mexican cuisine
we can find infinite
recipes that have some fresh herb as garnish or to give an extra point of flavor to dishes like soups
, etc. Among these herbs perhaps the coriander and the oregano are the most used.
Since this vinaigrette is Mexican the coriander and the oregano of course that are part of the preparation, also thyme and basil are used to achieve a more elaborated flavor
. Moreover the herbs vinaigrette is wrapped with oil and sweet notes that make it exquisite.
All the vinaigrettes are excellent to dress salads
but the best application of this vinaigrette is in a salad that has tomatoes and fresh cheese.
About the Recipe
- In this recipe you only have to chop and beat, you won’t have any problem to prepare it.
- It is very important to use the herbs in its fresh version, so you can enjoy all the vinaigrette’s flavor.
- The vinaigrette has a sweet touch because honey is used, if you want agave nectar can be used to give a very Mexican flavor.
- In 5 minutes the recipe will be ready.
- The recipe yields 1 cup.
10 fresh Basil Leaves (.3 oz)
1 Coriander sprig (.3 oz)
1 Oregano sprig (.3 oz)
1 Thyme sprig (.3 oz)
1 teaspoon of Honey
3/4 of a cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (6.2 fl oz)
3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
1 Balloon Whisk or Fork
- Remove the ends of 1 thyme sprig, upon completion reserve the ends and discard the sprig.
- Finely chop 1 coriander sprig, 1 oregano sprig and 10 fresh basil leaves; then set aside.
- Put in a bowl:
- 1 teaspoon of Honey.
- 3/4 of a cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Beat the bowl ingredients with a balloon whisk or with a fork, until they are well integrated.
||It is important that these ingredients are well integrated before incorporating the herbs, to obtain a better result.
- Incorporate in the bowl:
- The Thyme Ends that were removed.
- The Coriander that was minced.
- The Oregano that was minced.
- The Basil Leaves that were minced.
- Mix very well the herbs vinaigrette with the balloon whisk or with the fork.
Try a very similar combination of herbs
, in the form of a dressing.
Did you like the Vinaigrette?
♩ Lima Soup
♩ Shrimp Chilpachole
♩ Shellfish Soup
♩ Tlalpeno Soup
♩ Cream of Bean Soup