Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
– a subtle salsa –
It is very curious to watch the Mexicans eating because they put lime to all what they eat... it doesn’t matter what it is, they always put lime. Well this ritual doesn’t get as far as to put lime to a pizza or a pasta but beyond that any dish that a Mexican enjoys always has lime.
Since the lime is so used to give a very special touch to almost any dish – the Mexican cuisine had to create the lime salsa, there was really no other option. The curious thing about the lime salsa is that it is not used in all the dishes like the lime, it is only used to season dishes that have subtle flavors like a fish , a chicken or some steamed vegetables.
– The reason why this salsa is only used in dishes that have subtle flavors is because its flavor is delicate but it contains a delicious acidic touch and a lot of freshness. Although the most amazing part is that it is prepared with butter that gives balance to the whole preparation.
About the Recipe
- This preparation doesn’t have any complication.
- To make the salsa butter is used and preferably buy it unsalted so you can control the salsa’s seasoning.
- In approximately 5 minutes the salsa will be ready.
- The recipe yields 1 cup.
- Finely chop 1 coriander sprig and reserve.
- Melt in a saucepan over low heat 1/2 cup of butter.
|Be careful don’t burn the butter because it will no longer be useful.|
- Add in the saucepan:
- The juice of 2 Limes.
- 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Beat the saucepan ingredients with a balloon whisk, until they are well integrated.
- Incorporate in the saucepan the coriander that was minced and mix the lime salsa.
– A Very Mexican Salsa –
* This salsa has to be enjoyed freshly made otherwise its consistency becomes a mess .
Recommendation: If you want to keep enjoying the lime’s flavor prepare the citrus vinaigrette.
Did you like the Lime Salsa?
Mexican Dishes with Chicken or Fish
♅ Fried Chicken Tacos
♅ Green Pozole with Chicken
♅ Chicken Adobo
♅ Shrimp Ceviche