Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Although the vinaigrettes originated
in the Mediterranean, there’s no doubt that the Mexican cuisine
has adopted this delicious dressing and has adapted it with numerous ingredients that are very present in the Mexican cuisine.
In this recipe is a combination of citrus, the ones that give to the vinaigrette its main flavor. Don’t worry the vinaigrette’s flavor is not extremely acidic
because also some ingredients that have certain sweetness are used, that help to counteract the acidity of the citrus – and as good vinaigrette the flavor of the oils can always be perceived.
The citrus vinaigrette also has a very original aroma and it will serve you to dress simple salads
like the mixed salad.
It can also be used to give a different touch to the chicken salpicon
or even to season some vegetables.
About the Recipe
- You will like this preparation because it is easy.
- In the preparation honey is used and we recommend using a natural honey because the final result is going to be better.
- While the vinaigrette is being made you will use orange zest however if you want a sweeter flavor you can use the mandarin zest.
- The preparation time is of 5 minutes.
- The recipe yields 1 cup.
1/2 Lime (.5 oz)
1/2 Orange (2.6 oz)
1/2 Grapefruit (7.9 oz)
1 tablespoon of Honey
3/4 of a cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (6.2 fl oz)
1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
Pepper to taste
1/4 tablespoon of Salt
1 Balloon Whisk or Fork
1 Orange Squeezer (optional)
1 Lime Squeezer (optional)
- Grate the skin of 1/2 orange and put the zest in a bowl.
||Be careful, don’t grate the orange pith because it will bitter the vinaigrette.
- Also add in the bowl:
- The juice of the 1/2 Orange that was grated.
- The juice of 1/2 Lime.
- The juice of 1/2 Grapefruit.
- 1 tablespoon of Honey.
- 3/4 of a cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Beat the bowl ingredients with a balloon whisk or with a fork, until they are well integrated.
A Special Flavor
Another recipe where you will find
citrus flavors, the peppers with lime.
Did you like the Vinaigrette?
❃ Tuna Salad
❃ Jicama and Orange Salad
❃ Cucumber and Yogurt Salad
❃ Cactus Paddle Salad