Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Chipotle Pepper Salsa
One of the most popular chilies in the Mexican cuisine is the chipotle pepper. The word chipotle in Nahuatl means “smoked chili" and that’s just what it is – a dried jalapeno pepper subjected to a smoked technique that was carried out since Prehispanic times.
This recipe is very exotic because the chipotle pepper is mixed with peanuts and more ingredients that help to rise the flavor of the salsa. To turn the salsa more interesting spices are added that fill it of a sublime aroma. In this salsa you will find a spicy touch, a lot of freshness and the peanut’s texture is always present ; it is a salsa that you cannot miss.
The peanut and chipotle pepper salsa is perfect to accompany any type of Mexican appetizer , from some quesadillas to some chicken tostadas or even a peasant rice. It can be said that is a salsa that combines almost with any dish.
About the Recipe
- This recipe is easy and doesn’t require much kitchen skill.
- The chipotle peppers must be dried, don’t use them in their adobo version.
- Use natural peanuts and they must not be salted to obtain a better final flavor.
- The preparation time is of but the recipe doesn’t require much attention.
- With this recipe 2 cups of salsa will be obtained.
DirectionsPerform Many Activities
- Put in a saucepan:
- 3 dried Chipotle Peppers.
- The enough Water to cover the chilies.
- Bring the saucepan water to a boil over high heat.
- When it boils reduce to medium heat and leave the chipotle peppers cooking in the boiling water for about 8 minutes, until they soften.
- Transfer from the saucepan to a blender, with a kitchen spoon, the chipotle peppers that were cooked with 1 cup of the water (8.4 fl oz) that was used to cook them.
|Is very important to use the water of the chilies and don’t substitute it for plain water because your salsa will lose flavor.|
- Also add in the blender:
- 1/3 cup of Peanuts.
- 2 Tomatoes.
- 1/2 Onion.
- 4 Garlic cloves.
- Blend very well the ingredients and reserve.
Cook the Salsa
- Heat in the saucepan over medium heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Incorporate in the saucepan:
- The Mixture that was blended.
- 1 Clove.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Marjoram.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix the peanut and chipotle pepper salsa and cook it for about 10 minutes, until it thickens a little and acquires a more intense color; stir occasionally.
- When the cooking is done remove the clove.
out of the ordinary
* This salsa can be preserved in the fridge for about 5 days.
Variation: The peanut can also be mixed with the ancho pepper and the salsa that is generated is sensational.
Did you like the Peanut Salsa?
☁ Red Rice
☁ Refried Beans
☁ Potato Quesadilla
☁ Crab Tostada
☁ Garlic Shrimps