Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
- another concept -
We all have recipes that give us a lot of play and they let us improvise a meal in a short time and in an unexpected way. Well this paste could be a very good example.
Imagine that you have some stuffed chilies and some peanut paste is added as part of the filling. In first place a 180º turn will be given to the dish and some fabulous flavors will be obtained . However this paste has another modality because it can also be used as salsa – that can be put to a chicken , duck, pork , rice , vegetables, etc. The dishes will change so much that it will be difficult to remember its original version.
This peanut paste is a very spicy condiment, that combines few ingredients and it is a concentrated, potent and interesting mixture.
About the Recipe
- To make this recipe you won’t have any problem.
- The peanuts that are used in the recipe have to be peeled and unsalted.
- This paste is prepared with arbol pepper, which is very spicy. Depending on your hotness tolerance you can adjust the quantity of chilies that are used.
- We suggest using apple cider vinegar in the preparation because it gives a delicious fruity touch to the peanut paste.
- In just 25 minutes your paste will be ready.
- The recipe is for 3 cups.
DirectionsRoast some Ingredients
- Put on a griddle over medium heat 1 cup of peanuts and roast them for about 8 minutes, until they are moderately roasted; stir regularly.
- Transfer from the griddle to a blender the peanuts that were roasted, then reserve.
- Put on the griddle over low heat 4 arbol peppers and roast them for about 2 minutes, until all their sides are lightly roasted; move them regularly.
|Don’t roast the chilies for a long time because its flavor becomes bitter.|
- Transfer form the griddle to the blender the arbol peppers that were roasted and reserve.
Blend and Fry All the Ingredients
- Add in the blender, along with the other ingredients:
- 1 Garlic clove.
- 2/3 of a cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 3/4 of a cup of Water (6.3 fl oz).
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients, then reserve.
|If you have problems while blending the ingredients, blend them in parts and each time the ingredients are blended clean the blades of the blender.|
- Heat in a frying pan over medium heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Pour in the frying pan the mixture that was blended and fry it for about 12 minutes, until it is moderately fried and acquires a darker color; stir regularly.
The Spicy and Tasty
Tip: If you want to use the peanut paste as salsa just dilute it with a bit of chicken stock.
Variation: Another basic recipe of the Mexican cuisine , that is used in many dishes, is the achiote paste.
Did you like the Peanut Paste?
Now Prepare Mexican Appetizers
☺ Garlic Shrimps
☺ Crab Tostada
☺ Melted Cheese with Mushrooms
☺ Potatoes with Peppers
☺ Chorizo Quesadilla