Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
This is a recipe that is simple and also original; in which various ingredients are used that are easy to find in any Mexican market.
The combination of the pineapple with the jicama is very fresh
but that’s just the beginning... as typical Mexican salsa also chili is used although it is not very spicy. Finally other ingredients are used that help to enhance the flavor of all the preparation and is also seasoned to balance the flavors.
– The concept of the salsa is different because the ingredients are cut into small chunks, it is not a liquid salsa.
When you taste the pineapple and jicama salsa you will feel a great contrast of flavors – it is an unbeatable and sensational mixture
. Use the salsa in your favorite snacks or it can also be used to accompany dishes with chicken
About the Recipe
- This salsa is very easy to prepare because you are only going to cut and mix.
- Don’t use pineapple in syrup to make the salsa because you will not get a good result.
- To make the salsa bell pepper is used and we recommend using the red color one so your salsa has more colors.
- In less than 10 minutes the salsa will be ready.
- The preparation is for 2 cups.
5 Pineapple slices without skin nor core (17.6 oz)
1/2 Jicama (7 oz)
2 Jalapeno Peppers (.7 oz)
1/2 Red Bell Pepper (2.6 oz)
1/2 Red Onion (2.6 oz)
2 Coriander sprigs (.7 oz)
1 teaspoon of Sugar
1 tablespoon of White Vinegar
1/4 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
1 Mixing Spatula
- Cut into small chunks 5 pineapple slices without skin nor core, then put them in a bowl and reserve.
- Peel 1/2 jicama and then dice it. Upon completion put it in the bowl and reserve.
- Remove the veins and the seeds of 1/2 red bell pepper and of 2 jalapeno peppers.
||If you want more hotness in your salsa leave the seeds and the veins of the jalapeno peppers.
- Finely chop the red bell pepper with the one you worked, the jalapeno peppers with the ones your worked, 1/2 red onion and 2 coriander sprigs. Upon completion put them in the bowl.
- Also add in the bowl:
- 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of White Vinegar.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the pineapple and jicama salsa with a mixing spatula.
the spicy pineapple salsa.
Did you like the Pineapple Salsa?
Mexican Dishes with Chicken or Pork
❂ Chicken Burrito
❂ Tacos al Pastor
❂ Green Enchiladas with Pork
❂ Chicken in Green Pipian
❂ Pork Picadillo