Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
This salsa is different because it is slightly spicy however if you have the good or bad luck of picking a spicy Poblano pepper... then your salsa may have an interesting spicy level. Another point to highlight is that the salsa is creamy, it has harmony and a potent flavor .
The best of the Poblano pepper salsa is that it can be used in many dishes. It serves us to sauce up a grilled chicken breast, a fish fillet, a white rice , some garlic shrimps or even a pasta. These are just some examples but we are sure that you will find more dishes in which this delicious salsa can be used.
About the Recipe
- You will notice that in this preparation is a bit laborious to roast the chilies but afterwards everything is simple.
- While the chilies are roasted your kitchen may fill with smoke and it is a good idea to have a fan nearby.
- To make the recipe some ingredients are fried and we recommend the use of butter so your salsa has a delicate touch.
- The salsa preparation will take you 15 minutes.
- The recipe yields 4 portions.
DirectionsWork with the Poblano Peppers
- Put on a griddle over medium-high heat 2 Poblano peppers and roast them for about 4 minutes, until all their sides are completely black; move them regularly with some tongs.
- Transfer from the griddle to a plastic bag, with the tongs, the 2 Poblano peppers that were roasted.
- Close the plastic bag and leave the Poblano peppers resting for about 5 minutes, until the bag sweats.
|All this ritual ;) that is made with the chilies is to make them have a more intense flavor.|
- Take from the plastic bag the 2 Poblano peppers and rinse them while removing the outer skin of the chilies (the burned part).
- Discard the seeds and the veins of the Poblano peppers that were rinsed and reserve.
Fry and Blend
- Finely chop 1/2 onion and 1 garlic clove; then reserve.
- Melt in a frying pan over low heat 2 tablespoons of butter, then add:
- The Onion that was minced.
- The Garlic that was minced.
- Mix the ingredients that were put in the frying pan and fry them for approximately 1 minute, until they look a bit transparent; stir regularly.
- Incorporate in the frying pan the 2 Poblano peppers with the ones you worked. Mix the ingredients and fry them for about 2 minutes, until the chilies are lightly fried; stir regularly.
- Transfer from the frying pan to a blender the ingredients that were fried, also add:
- 1 cup of Mexican Cream.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
An Exceptional Salsa!
Tip: If you want you can add some golden corn kernels to the salsa so it has a sweet contrast .
Variation: The Poblano pepper can also be prepared in the form of a dip.
Did you like the Poblano Pepper Salsa?
✧ Crab Tostada
✧ Fried Plantains
✧ Pot Beans
✧ Red Rice