Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Raw Red Salsa
Everybody has tasted the peculiar and spicy flavor of the red salsa
and you have surely noticed that it also has sweet and spiced notes. The beauty
of this recipe is that it can be made with other preparation techniques to achieve slightly different results.
When the red salsa is prepared in its raw version what is achieved is to accentuate the freshness of the whole preparation
. It is an excellent recipe to use at breakfast
time and it can also be used to accompany snacks.
About the Recipe
- To make this salsa you won’t have any difficulty.
- The salsa is spicy because it is prepared with 2 jalapeno peppers, if you want to reduce the hotness only use 1 chili.
- Only 5 minutes are needed to make the salsa.
- The recipe is for 2 cups.
2 Jalapeno Peppers (1 oz)
2 Tomatoes (14.1 oz)
1/2 Onion (2.6 oz)
3 Coriander sprigs (1 oz)
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
1 Mixing Spatula
- Finely chop 3 coriander sprigs and then reserve.
- Put in a blender:
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers.
- 2 Tomatoes.
- 1/2 Onion.
||If you want to reduce the hotness of the salsa remove the seeds and the veins of the chilies.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
- Put in a bowl:
- The Mixture that was blended.
- The Coriander that was minced.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the raw red salsa with a mixing spatula.
Freshness and Flavor
The red salsa can also be prepared with criollo pepper.
Did you like the Red Salsa?
✉ Red Chilaquiles
✉ Ranch Style Eggs
✉ Machaca with Egg
✉ Green Chilaquiles with Chicken
✉ Scrambled Eggs with Chorizo