Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Roasted Green Salsa
– More Flavor –
Everybody loves the freshness and the hotness of the green salsa
, which is used in an infinity of Mexican dishes... however after trying it so many times, is possible that you may want to taste another type of flavors that the green salsa may offer.
And in the Mexican cuisine
this is possible with the simple fact of making the salsa with another preparation technique. In this version of the green salsa the majority of the ingredients are roasted to give a toasted and smoky flavor
, we also have to highlight that the flavor of the whole preparation becomes more intense and its color turns dark green.
Just like the typical
green salsa, this salsa can be used in as many dishes as you want. Just remember that the flavor of your dish will attenuate and the flavor of the roasted green salsa tends to predominate.
About the Recipe
- In this preparation you will perform simple activities.
- The salsa is spicy because it is prepared with 3 serrano peppers but if you want to reduce the hotness just use 1 chili.
- You will need 10 minutes to make the salsa.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
10 Tomatillos (17.6 oz)
3 Serrano Peppers (1.2 oz)
1/4 of an Onion (1.2 oz)
1 Garlic clove (.1 oz)
3 Coriander sprigs (1 oz)
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
1 Mixing Spatula
Cut, Roast and Blend
- Finely chop 3 coriander sprigs, then reserve.
- Put on a griddle over medium heat:
- 10 Tomatillos.
- 3 Serrano Peppers.
- 1/4 of an Onion.
- 1 Garlic clove.
||If you want to reduce the hotness of the salsa remove the veins and the seeds of the chilies.
- Roast the garlic for about 2 minutes, the chilies for about 2½ minutes, the onion for about 3 minutes and the tomatillos for about 5 minutes, until all their sides are well roasted; move them regularly with some tongs.
- Transfer from the griddle to a blender, with the tongs, all the ingredients that were roasted.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
Mix the Salsa
- Put in a bowl:
- The Mixture that was blended.
- The Coriander that was minced.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the roasted green salsa with a mixing spatula.
The salsa can also be prepared
Did you like the Green Salsa?
More Mexican Recipes
✸ Green Chilaquiles
✸ Red Rice
✸ Tuna Salad
✸ Lima Soup
✸ Tacos al Pastor