Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Fried Green Salsa
Don’t believe that this is not the typical Mexican green salsa
... in essence this is the green salsa that we all know but the preparation technique is a little different because the salsa is fried
to obtain a slightly different result to the one of the regular green salsa.
Although the ingredients that are used are the same, what happens to the salsa when it is fried is that the oil wraps it in softness and it gives an exceptional flavor
. This is the salsa that has to be used when you don’t want that the flavor of your dishes to be overshadow by the use of a salsa.
– Don’t forget that this salsa is a beauty because it serves for almost everything. It can be used to put to appetizers
, tortilla chips
About the Recipe
- The preparation of this salsa is quite simple, perfect for beginners.
- We recommend using olive oil so the salsa has a better flavor but vegetable oil could also be used.
- The salsa is spicy because it is prepared with 3 serrano peppers, if you want to reduce the hotness only use 1 chili.
- In 15 minutes the salsa will be ready.
- We give the recipe for 2 cups.
10 Tomatillos (17.6 oz)
3 Serrano Peppers (1.2 oz)
1/4 of an Onion (1.2 oz)
1 Garlic clove (.1 oz)
3 Coriander sprigs (1 oz)
3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
- Put in a blender:
- 10 Tomatillos.
- 3 Serrano Peppers.
- 1/4 of an Onion.
- 1 Garlic clove.
- 3 Coriander sprigs.
||If you want a milder salsa remove the veins and the seeds of the chilies.
- Blend very well the ingredients and reserve.
- Heat in a saucepan over medium heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Incorporate in the saucepan:
- The Mixture that was blended.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix the saucepan ingredients and bring the fried green salsa to a boil over high heat.
- When the fried green salsa boils reduce to medium heat and fry it for about 10 minutes, until it thickens a little; stir occasionally.
The green salsa can also be prepared raw.
Did you like the Green Salsa?
More Mexican Salsas
❤ Guasch Salsa
❤ Warm Pico de Gallo
❤ Adobo from Hidalgo
❤ Black Mole
❤ Green Pipian