Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Raw Green Salsa
freshness and flavor
The green salsa is so famous within the Mexican cuisine , that also many variations of it have been developed to take advantage of another range of flavors .
The raw version of the green salsa highlights all the freshness of the ingredients that are used in its preparation , since these ingredients don’t go through neither the griddle nor the frying pan – it is also full of flavor and as good Mexican salsa its hotness could not be missed.
You will see this type of green salsa a lot in fondas and restaurants in Mexico city. Normally the salsa will arrive before the food and it will surely be accompanied with some tortilla chips and bread. Just like the regular green salsa it can be used in as many Mexican dishes as you want.
About the Recipe
- The preparation of this salsa is very simple.
- The salsa is spicy because it is prepared with 3 serrano peppers, if you want to reduce the hotness only use 1 chili.
- You only need 5 minutes to make the salsa.
- We give the recipe for 2 cups.
- Finely chop 3 coriander sprigs and reserve.
- Put in a blender:
- 10 Tomatillos.
- 3 Serrano Peppers.
- 1/4 of an Onion.
- 1 Garlic clove.
|If you want to reduce the hotness of the salsa remove the veins and the seeds of the chilies.|
- Blend very well the ingredients.
- Put in a bowl:
- The Mixture that was blended.
- The Coriander that was minced.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the raw green salsa with a mixing spatula.
– Mexican Freshness –
* Since all the ingredients are fresh, the salsa will only last 3 days in the refrigerator.
Did you like the Green Salsa?
✦ Pork Picadillo
✦ Mexican Spaghetti
✦ Veracruz Style Fish
✦ Chicken in Green Pipian