This recipe can be called or considered “salad-dessert" as this dish is prepared with grated carrot which indicates that is a salad ... but when it is tasted its sweet flavor reveals that it is a dessert .
In this dessert the carrot is accompanied of sweet fruits like the apple and the pineapple. Then the fruits are mixed with other delicious ingredients to give a grandiose flavor. Although there are many ingredients combined, the carrot’s flavor stands out and it is always accompanied of sweet notes.
About the Recipe
- It is very simple to prepare this dessert. You only have to peel, grate and mix ingredients.
- In this recipe pineapple juice is used, preferably use natural juice.
- The carrots of this dessert are used peeled and it is easier to peel them with a peeler than with a knife.
- Preparation time .
- Serves 5 portions.
DirectionsCut some Ingredients
- Add in a bowl 1/4 cup of raisins and reserve.
- Dice 5.6 oz of pineapple in syrup, then toss them in the bowl and reserve.
- Peel 1 apple and 2 carrots.
- Grate the apple and the carrots that were peeled, upon completion put these ingredients in the bowl and reserve.
Mix All the Ingredients
- Incorporate in another bowl:
- 1/2 can of Condensed Milk.
- 1/4 cup of Evaporated Milk.
- 1/4 cup of Pineapple Juice.
- Beat the bowl ingredients with a ballon whisk or with a fork, until they are well integrated.
|These ingredients are beaten in another bowl so they integrate better.|
- Pour the mixture that was beaten in the bowl over the other bowl, where the sweet salad is.
- Mix very well the sweet carrot salad with a mixing spatula.
- Serve the sweet carrot salad and add cinnamon to taste.
Tip: At the moment of serving the dessert, it can be garnished with chopped nuts. They will give an exquisite point to the salad.
Recommendation: If this dessert is refrigerated for about 20 minutes before serving, it will have a better consistency.
Did you like the Dessert?
Other Mexican Recipes that you will Like
Cream of Corn Soup
Melted Cheese with Mushrooms